• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quick question about DOD Windshield Decal

bigokto

I registered my car today with the local military base and decided to wait until I got home to apply the decal. I have searched ALL over for the information but I can't find it stated clearly anywhere.

If looking from the outside at the front windshield of my vehicle, the stickers will be in the bottom right hand side (drivers side) of the windshield. The big DOD one with the registration # will sit above the colored installation name sticker. On which side do I put the sticker with the two digit number (which I'm assuming is an expiration date/year)

Thanks for the help!

P.S. if anyone really wants to be a champ, just grab a picture of your decal on your car and block out the number for privacy.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Aren't the MAs (or whoever works the decal office) supposed to apply on the sticker? I have never seen anyone just "give" the sticker to somebody.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
They just gave the sticker to me, too, but it came with a picture that clearly indicated how to place everything on the windshield.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Registration sticker ----- Exp date

Installation name

Clarification: If you have only one date sticker, it should have an alpha month and a numeric year. For example, APR 11. Then the sole exp date sticker goes on the right, as shown above. If you have two stickers, one is the exp month and the other is the exp year. They flank the registration sticker---month on left, year on right.

BOCOD

The month goes on the left side of the registration number and the year on the right when looking at the stickers. The installation name goes below. All of it goes on the bottom right of the windshield. Do you know which is the year and which is the month?

bigokto

My expiration sticker literally only says "13" so I can only assume it is a year one. I was not given a separate one for month, and mine does not have a month printed on it. I will just have to assume it goes on the right then. Thanks for the help guys!

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Aren't the MAs (or whoever works the decal office) supposed to apply on the sticker? I have never seen anyone just "give" the sticker to somebody.

They give the sticker to you at NAS Pensacola and they put it on the car for you at NAS Corpus.

UMichfly

pilot
None

They just give them to you at Whiting too...and then tell you which cop to watch out for because he hands out tickets like a SNAG hands out crabs. I've seen them in all kinds of different configurations here too, although the majority are like C420sailor's sweet graphic.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Easy way to remember where the stickers go, the numbers match up to the numbers and the letters match up to the letters.

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
I had to put it on in Newport and Pensacola, but the lady at pass and tags in Corpus looked like I was committing heresy when I said I'd put them on.
Also, my tags are at the top and centered on my windshield because of my wipers fwiw.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just got mine today at Pcola and the woman at the desk handed me a diagram that told me to put them centered at the top of my windshield or (which I have never seen) on my bumper. I put them on the top of the windshield centered.

stickygdm

pilot
I had to put it on in Newport and Pensacola, but the lady at pass and tags in Corpus looked like I was committing heresy when I said I'd put them on.
Also, my tags are at the top and centered on my windshield because of my wipers fwiw.

Different states have different rules about where the stickers go. On my VA registered car they are centered at top. On my MD reg car they are lower drivers side. I didn't know that until the Fort I got my stickers from pointed it out. Don't know who enforces that...or really cares!