• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Questions from a spouse about DH application for OCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Yes, it is officially the cutoff age for pilot and nfo (27)...if you do not have prior service. I know this intimately because I was 26 at the time I was selected, commissioned in June and had my 27th birthday in August. I cut it VERY close.

27 is the max age for selection into OCS for pilot/nfo for the Navy. When I say 27, that means you must be commissioned by your 27th birthday (ie. complete OCS and get commissioned), not get your wings by 27. This isn't waiverable in today's market, because they aren't hurting for pilots and nfo's.

SWOHopeful

To add my .02, the .5 only comes into play if you're over half way through OCS when your birthday happens and it will STILL require a waiver.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
To add my .02, the .5 only comes into play if you're over half way through OCS when your birthday happens and it will STILL require a waiver.

This is also bad gouge for pilots and nfo's. The 27.5 is if you went USMC, not Navy. AND THERE IS NO WAIVER.

There's always "a guy" who got a waiver, but I'm saying 99.9 % of the time if the dude has no prior service or extenuating circumstances ...like getting injured two weeks prior to commissioning and having a birthday during that time frame that put him/her out of the age limit. Something quite rare.

apilotswife

Well that kind of sucks. Maybe a miracle will happen and he'll get a January OCS date. Doubt it, but it's possible I suppose. By the way, my husband is on here and he's posted a few times.

helo_wifey

Also, I'd advise you to join the private spouses corner as Kathy suggested last time. We, like many hinted at, are the kinder/gentler AW. We do have the knowledges of where to find info, etc. There are many who've been in your shoes and can probably answer questions or point you in the right direction.

Wives can get on and ask about their husbands career, but you just have to be able to take what these guys give out. Again, like some have said before this site is like the ready room in a squadron...it's not our place, it's theirs.

Good luck.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Well that kind of sucks. Maybe a miracle will happen and he'll get a January OCS date. Doubt it, but it's possible I suppose. By the way, my husband is on here and he's posted a few times.

Why did he wait so long to "realize his dream"?

And what you take as rude by some of the members on this board is really a message to your husband. HE should be the one on here asking all these questions and collecting all the knowledges that many of us learned and pass down onto pilot/nfo wannabes/ enthusiasts and the like. IF your husband wanted this, there would be no question as to whether he knows the age limit or not...the question would be "How the hell do I scam my way into OCS before I'm too old?" not sitting around idle anxiously wondering what the cut-off date is and freaking out his wife, who then comes on here to do his bidding..

E26

It would be nice if the navy had this info on their site as well.

It'd be nice if someone knew how to use google :icon_tong

NA
http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/sanfrancisco/opo/general-information.htm#3

NFO
http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/sanfrancisco/opo/general-information.htm#2

HE should be the one on here asking all these questions and collecting all the knowledges that many of us learned and pass down onto pilot/nfo wannabes/ enthusiasts and the like. IF your husband wanted this, there would be no question as to whether he knows the age limit or not...the question would be "How the hell do I scam my way into OCS before I'm too old?" not sitting around idle anxiously wondering what the cut-off date is and freaking out his wife, who then comes on here to do his bidding..

+1.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
lol I'm not tellin' because then my bad rep will be linked to him!

Your "AW rep" is about as useful as my ASTB scores in primary.

He will appreciate your efforts but it's time for him to man up. You seem like you want this more than he does..how about you apply? :confused:

apilotswife

Hey that says 30 for NFOs! lol see nothing matches up. Anyway, I did search google for nfo, naval flight officer, requirements, age limit, etc etc etc. That's just weird that you found it. I saw that the other day but couldn't find it again. So is that page right then? Or was the age changed to 27?? :confused:

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
lol I'm not tellin' because then my bad rep will be linked to him!
No way, José ... or Josephina ... not that there's anything wrong w/ that ... but you're starting to lose a little (a lot?) of credibility here as you won't join the Wives/Knives Club side of the website for a 'kinder, gentler' experience and now you won't give us 'hubby's' frequency ... but you keep askin' the same kinda' questions ...

Sooooooooo ... what does that leave us with ???

That you're a troll ??? I sincerely hope not, as that will get you banned in short order -- but there's not too many other conclusions available to us.

If you want to take it to a PM, feel free. :)

apilotswife

Your "AW rep" is about as useful as my ASTB scores in primary.

He will appreciate your efforts but it's time for him to man up. You seem like you want this more than he does..how about you apply? :confused:

No, I'm just bored out of my freaking mind and paranoid our lives are going to go no where because of this economy. I don't care what he does I just want us to do something so we can buy a house, go on vacation and have more babies. lol I wouldn't make it through 10 minutes at OCS because I don't like being told what to do, esp if I'm being yelled at. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about him joining the military yet. Sometimes I'm excited and other times I'm really dreading it. I'm freaked out about what will happen if he can't join and freaked out what will happen if he does. That's why I'm researching it so much. He doesn't care to ask about the age limit and all that because he's confident that if it's meant to be it'll work out (with effort on his part of course).

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
...By the way, my husband is on here and he's posted a few times.
O.K. ... got it.

Your husband "is on here and he's posted a few times" ...

Your husband is 'OBIAL' and he's posted ... once.

You continue to lose credibility ...suggest you take Kathy's advice and join the Spouse's side of the house -- or be prepared for the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.