• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question of the day on court tv

Should there be a limit on the number of guns kept in a home.

• No way, no how, not under any circumstances

Votes: 57 90.5%
  • Depends on if kids live in the house

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Yes, we should only be allowed to have a certain number of guns, as determined by law

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Harrier Dude said:
That is, of course, excluding the truly pacifist ideologues that believe in no violence under any circumstances, but they're a pretty insignificant percentage of America.
Until they get on juries, and then they become more than just an irritation.

T

TXHusker05

I already stated my opinion on the government restricting the number of guns in the home, that is garbage.

As for carrying a weapon or having one for self defense in your home, no one wants to ever have to use a self defense weapon on anyone. You should hope that you never get robbed or never see someone in danger on the street, because that would be great. But these things do happen, and if they do... you are going to want to be prepared. I carry a sidearm and have a self defense weapon in my home, hell, I have an NRA sticker on my truck. If anything to make someone think otherwise from wanting to attack me.

If the government decides to limit guns to 5 in the house and they all have to be behind a vault rivaling Ft. Knox, then the criminals are going to catch on and realize people can't defend themselves and go on a rampage. If kids are in your home, it is your responsibilty to secure your weapon, if you need the government to convince you to secure your weapon... then you shouldn't have one. If you don't support the 2nd Amendment, thats fine, more guns for us... but don't go trying to screw with my right to have a hell of a lot of weapons.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The worst question anyone can ask is "why do you need more than one?" Who ever said anything about need? The 2nd Ammendment is not needs-based. It's a right.

Why do you need a Corvette? You don't.

Old NFO

None
GMan1976 said:
Anyway, apart from that (just doing some rambling), to answer the thread, I don't think there should be any limit on how many guns.... but laws on how they should be stored (i.e. locked) if there are kids in the household.
Do you lock your fire extinguisher? If you don't, why would you lock your guns? How about proper training? Because if you need either item, you need it NOW- Not after you fumble for the keys for 5 minutes... I was taught at about 4 years old not to play with guns... I trained both my daughters about guns when they were 3-4 years old. They knew not to pick up/play with any gun. My grandson was taught the same way.

I have had to use guns twice to subdue a robber during a break in- both were in the early am hours- If I had been trying to get a gun lock off, or load a weapon, I probably would not be here today.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Harrier Dude said:
Have many people been killed with fire extinguishers?

Just kidding. I agree with your point.

My closet is a liberal anti-gunner's nightmare...

Speaking of, I need a side-saddle for my shotgun. :)

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Old NFO said:
I have had to use guns twice to subdue a robber during a break in- both were in the early am hours- If I had been trying to get a gun lock off, or load a weapon, I probably would not be here today.

Could you tell us the story? I'm not doubting you, I just haven't ever met anybody that's actually had this happen. What kind of neighborhood was it?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Harrier Dude said:
Could you tell us the story? I'm not doubting you, I just haven't ever met anybody that's actually had this happen. What kind of neighborhood was it?

There are a couple people on the board that have used firearms to defend themselves... I won't point them out, I'll let them do that, but they're here.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Harrier Dude,

About a year ago my wife was attacked (busted lip and a couple of bruises) while coming out of a store in Nevada. Guy grabbed her arm, whacked her, knocked her to the ground and started screaming/cussing. She (5'3" about 125) got up, got between him (6'3" about 180) and our boy and pulled out her Baby Eagle .40 and told him to leave. He did. It was a decent neighborhood, during the day.

I can think of a few times when I have had a gun with me and was glad I did. Reno, Fresno, Colorado, Wyoming (very rural)...all respectable neighborhoods; only night time incident was in Colorado.