• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Question of the day on court tv

Should there be a limit on the number of guns kept in a home.

• No way, no how, not under any circumstances

Votes: 57 90.5%
  • Depends on if kids live in the house

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Yes, we should only be allowed to have a certain number of guns, as determined by law

Votes: 5 7.9%

• Total voters

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Well, as long as the limit is about 6 hunnert, maybe.

Getting back to serious, big question is the law be written to enforce the limit? That and so many other polls are misleading in their construct. Think most rational folks would think the poll means huge stashes of guns.

I think that they have the answer they want, now they are just looking for numbers to support the answer.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I Smell A Poll...

doc,

Why not make this an Airwarriors poll? I think we already know what the outcome would be, but as TheChief said, lets get the numbers to back it up.

perotti17

I think there sould be a limit to how many firearms you should carry. I think three is a rational number.

Birdman

You need more than one. On your person? I was refferring to his comment of limit of 3 on your person

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Birdman1 said:
You need more than one. On your person? I was refferring to his comment of limit of 3 on your person

Some people carry BUGs, or back-up guns. Some people have used them. Ask them.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Some men's opinions on the possession of firearms:

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Thomas Jefferson, Commonplace Book, 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

"[W]hen the resolution of enslaving America was formed in Great Britain, the British Parliament was advised by an artful man, who was governor of Pennsylvania, to disarm the people; that it was the best and most effectual way to enslave them; but that they should not do it openly, but weaken them, and let them sink gradually. . . . I ask, who are the militia? They consist now of the whole people, except a few public officers. But I cannot say who will be the militia of the future day. If that paper on the table gets no alteration, the militia of the future day may not consist of all classes, high and low, and rich and poor. . . ." -- George Mason, Virginia's U.S. Constitution ratification convention, 1788.

Some things just never change, do they? And I don't see anything about a limit here ... ???

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Birdman1 said:
Yeah, but why do you need a back up gun?
In case the first one craps out for whatever reason. In case the miscreant takes the first one away from you. In case you run the first one dry and need to reload -- the world's fastest reload is a gun in the hand ....

Think law enforcement. When I was doing contract training of LEO's and G-Men ... I carried a backup as that is what I preached to the choir. I don't anymore ... train 'em or carry a backup --- maybe I should, especially when posting on AW . :icon_rast

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Barnard1425 said:
This is laughable... how many guns does it take to endanger society?

If you need more than one, maybe crime isn't your thing.

Uh, what?

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
My non-gun-owning-college-edumacated self says that there shouldnt be a limit. Maybe I'm not doing any creative thinking outside the box here, but I can't see how limiting the number of guns a person owns is going to do anything. I can understand an anti-gun person's argument - and I understand that they're retarded. But what can possibly be accomplished by limiting guns?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Barnard1425 said:
Okay, think about it... how many guns does it take for a person to be dangerous? How many does it take to kill somebody? How many does it take to rob a bank?

Unless you've played too much Counterstrike, the answer is ONE.

With this in mind, what societal good would be served by limiting the number of guns in a household? People are free to believe that guns are a bad influence on society (just like I can believe that these people are idiots). But to believe that the quanitity of guns a person owns somehow makes him or her more dangerous is a stretch. Unless you're Rambo you're only going to use one at a time...

Gooootcha, yeah absolutely. I just wasn't sure what you were initially saying.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Slammer2 said:
My non-gun-owning-college-edumacated self says that there shouldnt be a limit. Maybe I'm not doing any creative thinking outside the box here, but I can't see how limiting the number of guns a person owns is going to do anything. I can understand an anti-gun person's argument - and I understand that they're retarded. But what can possibly be accomplished by limiting guns?

Precisely, there IS nothing to be gained. Just like banning a 15 round magazine vice a 10 round magazine. It's about control. The gun control freaks are very smart. The tactic they've been implenting (failing in some states, working in others) is the old adage: Throw a frog in boiling water and he'll jump out... gradually increase the temperature and he'll cook to death.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
...... It's about control..... like banning a 15 round magazine vice a 10 round magazine.....
Or indoor smoking (cigars ONLY -- kill all cigarette smokers). Or mandatory seat belts. Or mandatory motorcycle helmets. Flotation devices on private boats (that's why they call the ... "Private"). Or speed limits in rural areas.

I'm NOT saying there isn't merit to some or all of these "control" measures ... it's just that I'd like to decide for myself.

You know; instead of having some bedwetting bureaucrat who's never done sh!t in his life, has accomplished zip, and can't make it in the profit/loss world of reality telling me what to do.

But then ... that's why they do it, isn't it ???

By the way ... Texas just raised the maximum speed limit to 80 MPH in parts of West Texas. I love it !!! :cowboy_12

dont%20mess%20with%20texas.jpg