• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quarantine Activities

exNavyOffRec

The chocolate ghosts were from Bohica Pepper Company. The rest were Pepper Joe's. Somewhere in my house is lurking another envelope of Ghor-Pion seeds that I lost. And yeah, my seed-growing efforts this year are "meh." The goal was to keep them inside so they can be perennials, and I can have hot peppers year-round. But I'm not sure if I'm overwatering them or what. Maybe they need to be warmer. They seem to be slow growing and the jalapeno is leggy. Hence the tent and light. My previous setup was a smaller grow light, but it hijacked my ladder and a C-clamp or two.

The guy I get plants from keeps the temp between 75-80 when starting them.

I had plants last year on my deck in black growers pots and in the garden, the ones on the deck produced 4 times the peppers, a few people said the black growers pots really suck up the heat and help the production, so I am going to try that this year for all of them.

Pags

N/A
pilot
I heard about another suggestion for the #quarantine listening list. Probably save this one up for after that Frank Zappa drug band album.

View attachment 25272
My friend in HS used to have a TDK90 of all bagpipe music. When we'd drive down to the shore the challenge was who could hold out longest on the bagpipe tape before giving up. No one lasted much longer than 15min.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
My friend in HS used to have a TDK90 of all bagpipe music. When we'd drive down to the shore the challenge was who could hold out longest on the bagpipe tape before giving up. No one lasted much longer than 15min.
They didn’t like bagpipe music? Uncouth.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
My job is considered "essential" so no work from home for me. Accepted a large promotion at work the beginning of March which entailed a move from CLE to Reno. Spent the week before last driving a moving truck across the country - now settling into the new job and unpacking!

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
One of my college friends had bagpipes playing Amazing Grace on a 45, the kind of disc with the big hole in the middle. We put it on a turntable with just the little 33⅓ nub in the middle and set it as far off center as possible. If you've never messed around with a record player then it's hard to explain what this sounded like when we played it, the sound of the pitch and the tempo of the 'pipes going up, and down, and up, and down, and up, and down... what I imagine a fat piper would play like if he had to run up a steep hill at the same time. Then there were the looks on the faces of curious dorm neighbors sticking their head in the door, "What are you listening to in there??"

A lot of kids under 40 don't know the things they've missed out on in life.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My job is considered "essential" so no work from home for me. Accepted a large promotion at work the beginning of March which entailed a move from CLE to Reno. Spent the week before last driving a moving truck across the country - now settling into the new job and unpacking!
Welcome to NW NV. let me know if you need anything, or want to know where all the cool spots are to recreate.

707guy

"You can't make this shit up..."
Welcome to NW NV. let me know if you need anything, or want to know where all the cool spots are to recreate.

Thank you! Liking what we see so far - will hit you up for that info for sure. If you stop at KRNO for anything hit me up at Atlantic.

exNavyOffRec

I was supposed to go to Reno in July for the VFW Convention, unfortunately the VFW National Convention was just cancelled so no Reno for me.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The guy I get plants from keeps the temp between 75-80 when starting them.

I had plants last year on my deck in black growers pots and in the garden, the ones on the deck produced 4 times the peppers, a few people said the black growers pots really suck up the heat and help the production, so I am going to try that this year for all of them.
I had a lot better luck with seed sprouting last year, and I just realized I may have been getting an advantage using compostable brown paper seed trays. I'm wondering if they kept the soil from being able to take up too much water before it bled through into the paper. This year I had bought a little mini-greenhouse thing with seed trays like the picture I showed. I wonder if the seeds being in plastic is making me overwater them and they croaked. The seedlings that made it seem to be less hardy this year.

exNavyOffRec

I had a lot better luck with seed sprouting last year, and I just realized I may have been getting an advantage using compostable brown paper seed trays. I'm wondering if they kept the soil from being able to take up too much water before it bled through into the paper. This year I had bought a little mini-greenhouse thing with seed trays like the picture I showed. I wonder if the seeds being in plastic is making me overwater them and they croaked. The seedlings that made it seem to be less hardy this year.

I am using both for tomatoes and the ones in the brown paper are doing better, however the guy I know that has great luck uses the plastic greenhouse setup, I am thinking it has to due with temp, his kids are all out of the house so he blocks off a room and jacks up the temp, and keeps the lights on all the time. I could do that however I am sure the child that lives in that room would complain about the high temp or light on 24/7, the wife may stop me from doing that as well, the whole "child welfare" issue you know lol.