• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Quarantine Activities

Pags

N/A
pilot
I love the cooking, music and gardening answers, which are things that I do normally. @Pags, what are you growing? Veggies, or something else? Nevada has a weird growing season that is short (we had snow in May last year), but intense. I have an array of raised beds that I've connected to my automated drip irrigation setup. Got some early crop seeds sowing indoors (snow peas, cantaloupe and broccoli), and I've replenished some of the standard culinary herbs. I've got tomatoes, Shishito peppers and basil producing in my indoor hydroponic setup, and my strawberry bed outside is starting to show signs of life.

Some cooking inspiration for you all from the You Tubes:
This guy is fucking hilarious - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbRj3Tcy1Zoz3rcf83nW5kw
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRIZtPl9nb9RiXc9btSTQNw
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJHA_jMfCvEnv-3kRjTCQXw
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9_p50tH3WmMslWRWKnM7dQ

We've got a class in session at HAVOC, so working more or less as normal, but we're trying to cut everyone out as early as possible. Strange times... great thread.
No veggies, just a large ornamental garden. I've got a huge front lawn that faces south with no shade so instead of fighting with a giant lawn we've been incrementally growing the gardens to cover as much as we can with mulch, junipers, and poofy grasses. I was able to find a spot for a Japanese maple which I'm excited about.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I'm wondering whether they'll let me finish this silly SELRES command qual PQS virtually. If that involves a videoconference, I think the game will finally be up. Until then, avast, me hearties . . .
Just wear a mask...
highresrollsafe.jpg

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
  • Been exploring new trails on the MTB. Unfortunately it's been raining for the past three days.
  • Playing the sax...when no one else is home. I'm not bad, but I am loud.
  • Clearing stuff in the yard. Keeping the yard waste pickup guys in business
  • Smoking a La Gloria Cubana Serie R (Belecoso) while sipping some Eagle Rare and watching the dogs play.

We are one week on, one week off...A and B teams to mitigate risk of the 'rona going through our facility. Next week I go back to work, fly, and plan our virtual drills for later this month and next month.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I moved OCONUS and the travel restrictions hit a week later. Then the UK government shut down all non-essential work, which included delivery of express shipments and household goods. Considering I was TDY since August, what’s the big deal living out of a suitcase for another month or two?

So, in lieu of buying all new bicycles, sporting equipment, and cookware, we’ve all been playing frisbee, soccer, and Nerf gun battles. We did get a loaner kitchen kit so my daughters have been learning how to bake.

Having just checked into my new squadron, the boss basically just told me to hang out until it’s done since I can’t really complete turnover while everyone is teleworking. In other words, I’ve been paid to check OWA two-three times a day since the first of March.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Having just checked into my new squadron, the boss basically just told me to hang out until it’s done since I can’t really complete turnover while everyone is teleworking. In other words, I’ve been paid to check OWA two-three times a day since the first of March.
2020 is getting weirder all the time... a time when people will look back and think of their CAC reader with fondness.

RoarkJr.

Tell me more........ mine is a 1969 Convertible, deluxe model, currently a garage queen lol

Nice, mine is the standard, though the clock doesn't work and neither does the tach and all but one backlight on the cluster. I'd also like to have ammeter/oil pressure gauges.

She's burgundy, got a 351w and a Retrosound, petronix, 2 barrel carb, American Auto Wire harness and an alternator from a '94 Taurus because my other one blew up and I had to drive her to formation the next day. Fun times rewiring that thing.

My old man always had classic cars, decided to get one and start learning 3 years ago. Found the perfect one in Ohio so I flew out with my old man and drove it back. She caught fire on the Pennsylvania Turnpike and we had no tools, so we bought some electrical tape, borrowed a pocket knife, and spliced a new wire from some old stuff in the trunk and got her home.

Did a parade with the Gulf Coast Regional Mustang Club in Foley at OWA a few months ago, it's been a blast.

Pags

N/A
pilot
No veggies, just a large ornamental garden. I've got a huge front lawn that faces south with no shade so instead of fighting with a giant lawn we've been incrementally growing the gardens to cover as much as we can with mulch, junipers, and poofy grasses. I was able to find a spot for a Japanese maple which I'm excited about.
IMG_20200328_095434.jpg

Needs more plants but the nursery had not received their full spring shipments prior to the shutdown.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I'd also like to have ammeter/oil pressure gauges.
Pro tip: when you bleed a newly-installed wet line oil pressure gauge by cranking the engine, one, it doesn't take much cranking and two, have a rag handy.

Ideally you'd have three hands, one to crank, one with a wrench ready to snug the fitting on the back of the gauge, and one to wipe.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
  • Getting more sleep now since I no longer have a 40-50 minute commute.
  • Not wasting time getting dressed every morning, sweat pants and sweat shirt is the uniform of the day...everyday
  • Spending more time with kids, even if they disrupt my work-from-home 50x a day
  • Eating better, I have time to fix an actual breakfast, lunch and dinner. Despite being a family of 7 we enjoyed eating out A LOT. Quarantine as put a damper on that
  • Cooking more on the Big Green Egg, love this thing
  • Walking with kids a lot more and biking as weather permits
  • Working out (resistance) up to 3x a day, scheduled work breaks to do a quick 7-10min circuit and then back to work
  • Building wood shutters to replace the crappy plastic ones on the house
  • Built firewood racks x2
  • Cleared out garage, posted crap to CL or FB (wife's account)
  • In planning phase of building raised garden beds
  • Largest project will be planning/building treehouse for the kids

Pags

N/A
pilot
  • Getting more sleep now since I no longer have a 40-50 minute commute.
  • Not wasting time getting dressed every morning, sweat pants and sweat shirt is the uniform of the day...everyday
  • Spending more time with kids, even if they disrupt my work-from-home 50x a day
  • Eating better, I have time to fix an actual breakfast, lunch and dinner. Despite being a family of 7 we enjoyed eating out A LOT. Quarantine as put a damper on that
  • Cooking more on the Big Green Egg, love this thing
  • Walking with kids a lot more and biking as weather permits
  • Working out (resistance) up to 3x a day, scheduled work breaks to do a quick 7-10min circuit and then back to work
  • Building wood shutters to replace the crappy plastic ones on the house
  • Built firewood racks x2
  • Cleared out garage, posted crap to CL or FB (wife's account)
  • In planning phase of building raised garden beds
  • Largest project will be planning/building treehouse for the kids
Making wood shutters? Man, that sounds like a swell project. What type of wood?

I was just noticing that our vinyl shutters have been fading.

Tackling some crown moulding is a reach goal for me for this time. But I'm trying to limit the inside projects so the house isn't completely torn up.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Making wood shutters? Man, that sounds like a swell project. What type of wood?

I was just noticing that our vinyl shutters have been fading.

Tackling some crown moulding is a reach goal for me for this time. But I'm trying to limit the inside projects so the house isn't completely torn up.

I'm using white pine it was the cheaper option. 1x6 for the vertical and 1x4 for the horizontal and diagonal bracing. I was surprised at the price of lumber at Lowe's I think I paid $12-15 for a 1x6x8. What I thought was going to be a $100-150 project is now a $200-$300 project. Here is the basic idea.

I have the plastic shutters at our rental, when they faded I just removed them and painted them. They looked good as new and only cost me $5 rattle-can of Rust-Oleum.