• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pushing Air Contracts Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAC1078

I got the MEPS physical first and about a month later I got the flight physical done at a naval base and the corpsman said I had to have everything done over again. As far as beginning redundant, get use to it now. Everything you do in the Marine Corps is redundant and doesn't make sense.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
E6286 said:
like 2 months ago. But MEPS doesn't do a flight physical just a regular physical. I was just figuring I should be able to use most of it and they could just add in whatever was needed.
Your flight physical is a different story from your pre-commissioning physical (aka "ground physical").

E6286

OCC 191 Select
So basically I went to MEPS for nothing lol. I just wanted to know b/c it is such a pain in the butt since I had exotropia surgery twice when I was a lil boy (basically lazy eye) and since it was so long ago there are no medical records of it on file. Also, I had my gallbladder removed. Guess I gotta get those records and another letter stating that my eye records are no longer on file.

Do they keep those MEPS physicals on file to refer to? If not, I might just leave out the exotropia since there aren't any medical records of it. Save some headache.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
E6286 said:
So basically I went to MEPS for nothing lol.
Your "ground" physical is good for four years. If I remember correctly, you take a flight physical every year (someone correct me if I'm wrong. I know flight physicals are done more often though).

E6286

OCC 191 Select
So what will go on during the flight physical? Also, if the old MEPS physical is good for four years I guess I will have to tell them during the flight physical all the things I told them during MEPS?

Can I get MEPS to send my medical files over to the flight physical people in philly? I went to MEPS in Pittsburgh and have since moved to Arlington, VA. Apparently there isn't anywhere to do the Flight Physical here b/c my OSO has me going to Philly.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
E6286 said:
So what will go on during the flight physical? Also, if the old MEPS physical is good for four years I guess I will have to tell them during the flight physical all the things I told them during MEPS?

Can I get MEPS to send my medical files over to the flight physical people in philly? I went to MEPS in Pittsburgh and have since moved to Arlington, VA. Apparently there isn't anywhere to do the Flight Physical here b/c my OSO has me going to Philly.
So you live here in NOVA now, huh? I would think they would have you do your Flight Physical at NAF Andrews, MCAS Quantico or NAS Pax River. Strange. :confused:

In they flight physical, they will ask similar questions as the ground physical and similar exams, but they're more in depth. They will sit you in something that resembles a cockpit and measure your arms and legs as you're seated and they will dilute your pupils (you won't be able to see 100% for about two days). You'll see enough to drive though (at least I was able to.. long story short about myself, I was DQ'd for flight! :( ).

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Out of all of those places listed Bethesda is the closest to Arlington correct? I listed them all to my OSO but I don't know where any of them are other than Quantico. Are they all in Northern VA?

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
E6286 said:
Out of all of those places listed Bethesda is the closest to Arlington correct? I listed them all to my OSO but I don't know where any of them are other than Quantico. Are they all in Northern VA?
Pax River is kind of a ways out (probably a 1.5 hour drive from Arlington). NAF Andrews is about thirty minutes from Arlington so is Quantico. NNMC Bethesda is off the Beltway (probably the eleven o'clock postion somewhere in that area). From Arlington, I would take the GW Memoral parkway to the 495 heading for Maryland and go from there. (As you know all driving times are dependent on the traffic!)

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Okay well I submitted the list to my OSO back in Pittsburgh via e-mail and we will see what he says. Philly is like 1.5 hours and I don't wanna do that if I don't have to. So then as I asked before; retell them about the 2 eye surgeries even though there aren't records other than what I told MEPS? Past Exotropia isn't disqualifying since it basically is just lazy eye as a child, however, just one more paper to deal with lol.

Clux4

Banned
If you are in the area (NOVA) then tell your OSO to talk to the Hyattsville OSO office to ask them where they go. Save you self the drive and everything else.

fantome7

IFS for Alpha Co

I too got pushed back to "arctic Alpha" and I was told by my OSO that all of us air contracts were getting that. My orders say a 26 Nov report date, but does anyone know when us IFS guys have to be there?

Dustball

2nd LT
1 October is the report date for Alpha Co IFS aviators. Should start seeing some officals orders in the next couple of weeks, possibility of some people getting pushed back again. If you have "orders" for 24 Nov they don't have you doing IFS, if its just what they had for your tentative report date nothing is final until about 30 days prior to report date.

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
I was curious what your routine was like during IFS and Mike Company. Are you pretty busy with flying or do they have you doing a bunch of other b.s. Just curious as to what to expect for my first couple of months.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
Aren't there some SNAs who went through the IFS training while at TBS? I would also like to get an idea of what the daily routine is like in Mike Co., prior to classing up for TBS. Is there a lot of dead time or is it full of duty days and working parties?

Status
Not open for further replies.