• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pushing Air Contracts Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Alpha Co. TBS "PLC Co."

EA-6B1 said:
If I graduate in Dec '05, can I EXPECT my TBS date to be around may or june? Taking into consideration what most other PLC guys have done, is it safe to think that it will?
Just a little FYI, when I was at TBS, I noticed that Alpha Co. which commenced around Oct or Nov was predominantly PLC grads. Of course that means little in how they determine which TBS class you'll be in, but it's just my observation.

TANGO 1

Contributor
looks like we got a couple Dec '05 graduates in the forum. I am thinking of what will transpire between the time we get commissioned and when we actually start TBS, because realistictly classes will not get filled until around the summer time since this is when all the folks from college are finishing and are getting commissioned, also this is the time OCS is bubbling. Are they going to have us doing some desk job or some OSO help thing for the time being. I am just curious.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
TANGO 1 said:
Are they going to have us doing some desk job or some OSO help thing for the time being. I am just curious.
The OSO help will depend on the budget of the MCD you belong to.

TANGO 1

Contributor
so do you have an idea with what they might have for a bunch of 1stLt running around the place. I mean, i will assume we will be getting paid.

Dustball

2nd LT
More than likely you will be sitting around for at least 5-8 months waiting for a TBS date and you won't be getting paid. There's next to no ADSW or PTAD assignments to be had so you will just have to get a civi job until your orders to TBS come through. I think most Dec grads this year went in June and some in July. May 05 will usually report the earliest Sept but probably Nov.

Taxman2A

War were declared.
TANGO 1 said:
looks like we got a couple Dec '05 graduates in the forum. I am thinking of what will transpire between the time we get commissioned and when we actually start TBS, because realistictly classes will not get filled until around the summer time since this is when all the folks from college are finishing and are getting commissioned, also this is the time OCS is bubbling. Are they going to have us doing some desk job or some OSO help thing for the time being. I am just curious.

As Bebop said, the budget will determine whether or not you can go TAD with your OSO or anywhere else. I was unable to find a TAD billet in between commissioning and TBS. This means no money, no benefits, no nothing except for time in grade. There is a thread around here calling "worst pre-tbs jobs" or something like that, where a bunch of us mentioned where we worked waiting for TBS (and that nice Lt paycheck).

TANGO 1

Contributor
Thanks fellows. I will try and look for that thread. I might as well set out and look for a job ones i get out in december. I don't really see the TAD thing coming into effect personally.
Thanks ones again.

FlyinHigh

I am just curious to what this all means, I am applying for SNA through the Marines, my recruiter has told me as long as I score decent on the ASTB, my grades and major should be more than enough to earn me a pilot slot. So is this backed up stuff purely for the Navy or both? I am confused.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Flight Physical

FlyinHigh said:
I am just curious to what this all means, I am applying for SNA through the Marines, my recruiter has told me as long as I score decent on the ASTB, my grades and major should be more than enough to earn me a pilot slot.
Don't forget, you need to pass that flight physical to get a USMC SNA contract.

FlyinHigh

How rigorous is the flight physical, I mean obviously it is quite thorough, but is that when they subject your body to all of the principles of flight... high altitude, centrifuge,etc?

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Also, I have a recent MEPS physical from when I applied for the Navy, do I have to redo the WHOLE thing when I get my flight physical for the Marines? Seems a bit redundant.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
E6286 said:
Also, I have a recent MEPS physical from when I applied for the Navy, do I have to redo the WHOLE thing when I get my flight physical for the Marines? Seems a bit redundant.
How recent? If it's this year, you should be okay.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
like 2 months ago. But MEPS doesn't do a flight physical just a regular physical. I was just figuring I should be able to use most of it and they could just add in whatever was needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.