• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pushing Air Contracts Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
I have heard from a couple different sources that the PLC Air contracts will be pushed back to the Nov class. I was just wondering how many others have heard the same thing.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
I heard the same thing from my OSO last week. So I won't be going until November either. I guess Pensacola is backed up?

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
Any idea on how many of the air guys are getting pushed back. My OSO office hasn't heard anything and when I told them about that they acted like it must just be a rumor.

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Not sure if this is related to your particular push backs....but the instructors at API and Primary have been running around telling the stu's that CNATRA(big admiral type) has said that their are 150 to many SNA's in the pipeline right now. LT Domzal the guy in charge (actually he just turned over to an air force nav, but whatever) of A-Pool said the OCS SNA/SNFO's coming to OCS/already at OCS were not going to stay in the aviator pipeline.....Not tryin to start a sh!t storm on this thread....just passing on what has been floating around down here for a while....take it for what it is worth.

Dustball

2nd LT
That sounds like a Navy problem, wrong forum. PSNO23: I talked to Denver and he said his tentative date is Nov 25 along with some of the other guys he knows from our class. I'm not sure what it means with our dates being Sep 2 if we will all be pushed back or if they have already pushed back the people they are going to. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. How sure was your OSO that you were going to be pushed back?

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Navy and Marines go through the same flight training....so if their are 150 to many bodies, this could easily impact future marine pilots.....If the advanced pipeline is backed up.....it dosent matter what you are...there is simply no seat available for a student.....therefore primary classes start getting smaller and then API classes get smaller....then a bunch of Marines wait around MATSG or are not even shipped here due to availability.....just a thought

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Pcola04/30 said:
Navy and Marines go through the same flight training....so if their are 150 to many bodies, this could easily impact future marine pilots.....If the advanced pipeline is backed up.....it dosent matter what you are...there is simply no seat available for a student.....therefore primary classes start getting smaller and then API classes get smaller....then a bunch of Marines wait around MATSG or are not even shipped here due to availability.....just a thought

BZZZZT... WRONG ANSWER
would you like to try again?

As far as numbers are concerned, the two services operate rather independently. Case in point - Advanced Jets now. The Navy has virtually stopped jet selections due to RAG backups, Sundown overages, and other reasons. The Marine Corps on the other hand, can't get enough jet guys to select. Here in K-rock, the Navy poolees are sitting around till next FY, but Marines are classing up almost immediately upon arrival. VT/HTs can easily slow the Squids and push the Marine onward ... it's happening now in my squadron.

Sound's like you've fallen victim to that ever-present "the API pool guys said it, so it must be true" gouge. Those guys have no concept of how the numbers work, hell...they havent even finished API, what could they possibly know about how the VTs work?

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
I second that, when I was at TBS and API that same "gouge" was going around, especially at API. Not a word of it was true....

My advice to y'all, believe it when it happens!

Jester

pilot
Case in point; I selected May 26, have to report June 14, and start June 21. Marines are classing up as soon as possible in all pipelines. It's just the Navy that's all backed up. I'll be allmost a third of the way through advanced by the time a Navy guy,that selected a month or more before me, even starts up.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Michael W said:
Two questions, One, when was the last time they were this backed up(probably often but do they get backed up in Helo and Maritime pipelines as well?) and Two, how long does it take to fix?

ONE, refer to my post above

TWO, if you are still convinced that there is a huge wait, refer to squeeze's post.

WTFover

Arctic Alpha
TBS Aviator Push-Backs

In reference to the posts sent last month all Aviator Contracts are being pushed-back to the first class of the next fiscal year because they ran out of slots for Aviators in this year at TBS. Sorry guys, I'm in the same NOV 29th Boat

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
semperfi1812 said:
I have heard from a couple different sources that the PLC Air contracts will be pushed back to the Nov class. I was just wondering how many others have heard the same thing.
It's not the first time it's happened.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
If I graduate in Dec '05, can I EXPECT my TBS date to be around may or june? Taking into consideration what most other PLC guys have done, is it safe to think that it will?

Status
Not open for further replies.