• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PT Uniform

Nikki2184

wow, I don't know who you are as your bio is scant on details, but I'm thinking (maybe wrongly) that you've not been in too long. It is a sailors purpose in life to bitch about the Navy. I think the whole PT uniform is stupid and I don't mind listing my reasons why. I won't "get over it". I'll comply with the regulations, because that's what I do, but I don't have to be cheery about it!

"Hey, Pot..."
"Yea Kettle?"
"You're BLACK!"

PropStop, have you looked at your bio lately?? You wanna know my background, ask me. I don't post my life story for personal and OPSEC reasons. My opinion is humbly my opinion. No more, no less.

As for it being a sailor's purpose to bitch, you've got me there. Complaining is a Navy past time. As an enlisted sailor, go for it. I am hear to listen and I'll do what I can to make your life better. As an officer, I'm gonna try to set an example, do my job, keep my mouth shut and wear my ugly uncomfortable PT gear with pride. :D

phrogpilot73

I think the true purpose of the bitching in this case is that the Marines are pointing at you and laughing. And we wear nut huggers for PT. THAT should tell you something.

Nikki2184

Marines are gonna be pointing and laughing at sailors during PT until the end of time, regardless of what we wear. It is a Marine past time.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
"Hey, Pot..."
"Yea Kettle?"
"You're BLACK!"

PropStop, have you looked at your bio lately?? You wanna know my background, ask me. I don't post my life story for personal and OPSEC reasons. My opinion is humbly my opinion. No more, no less.

As for it being a sailor's purpose to bitch, you've got me there. Complaining is a Navy past time. As an enlisted sailor, go for it. I am hear to listen and I'll do what I can to make your life better. As an officer, I'm gonna try to set an example, do my job, keep my mouth shut and wear my ugly uncomfortable PT gear with pride. :D

Yeah, but I think it's a lot different when they bitch because they don't like it instead of bitching because it just doesn't work.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Hey, Pot..."
"Yea Kettle?"
"You're BLACK!"

Propstop has been a member for 3-4 years and has a history of useful, quality posts. He's a regular, we know where he is coming from.

As far as bitching, insanebikerboy is correct. Apart from looking like garbage, they are not functional. They should be scrapped, redesigned, and THEN mandated.

Sailors wearing innappropriate personal PT gear to unit evolutions? Sounds like a chain of command problem to me. Specify what you want and take action when warranted.

E2Cougar

NFO
None
I didn't have a problem with the liner or the shirt, but I do agree with some of the opinions I've heard about the fact that you can't wash them in the ship's laundry and the colors. If we're going to have a Navy-wide PT uniform, why not make one that the entire Navy can use (i.e. Specwar, etc.)? Why not make one that is able to be washed in the ship's laundry without melting?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
As an officer, I'm gonna try to set an example, do my job, keep my mouth shut and wear my ugly uncomfortable PT gear with pride. :D

If I ever think that's my job, it's time to leave the service. I don't have a relevant opinion on the PT uniform (other than it looks stupid) because I don't wear it. But if there's an actual problem/ issue w/ the uniform, the gear, or the overall "system," it's my job as an officer to speak up and address it. Keeping "my mouth shut" reeks of hingness, and I already hate myself every morning when I see those oak leaves on my flight suit.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I already hate myself every morning when I see those oak leaves on my flight suit.

HA! so, completely off topic...

One of our O4s said the other day, "When I first put on my oak leaves, I felt like I lost a small part of me."

To which one of my quicker witted partners in crime quipped, "Would that be the 2.5lbs of gray stuff between your ears, or your sack?"

Of course our forlorn hinge knew how the game was played and asked, "I'll need that brief for Friday...this afternoon."

// end threadjack

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Yeah, but I think it's a lot different when they bitch because they don't like it instead of bitching because it just doesn't work.

Exactly what "doesn't work" about the PT gear? They're clothes, they cover up the parts that people don't want to see, and they don't hinder any of one's range of motion for exercise.

Marines are gonna be pointing and laughing at sailors during PT until the end of time, regardless of what we wear. It is a Marine past time.
Or you could just PT regularly and avoid the whole point and laugh at the fat, out of shape officer thing.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Exactly what "doesn't work" about the PT gear?

The transparency issue arises from the shirt.

That's a fairly major issue right there. Disagree? Wait until you get to deal with your first harassment issues.

the fact that you can't wash them in the ship's laundry...Why not make one that is able to be washed in the ship's laundry without melting?

Sounds like something that "doesn't work."

Overall, I don't care about how the PT uniform looks because you wear it to work out, not look good.

The fact that TFU "tried" to design it so that Sailors would wear the shirt off-duty indicates that aesthetics were a consideration.

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
Why did it take 3 million dollars to design a t-shirt and shorts that I could have made in 5 minutes with an online website?

That's all that I want to know.