• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PT Uniform

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I purchased the PT gear the other day since we were told that we'd have to do a group PT once a week (turns out that was a lie, but I digress). I wore it the other day to try it out, and I find nothing wrong with the PT gear as far as comfort goes.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I purchased the PT gear the other day since we were told that we'd have to do a group PT once a week (turns out that was a lie, but I digress). I wore it the other day to try it out, and I find nothing wrong with the PT gear as far as comfort goes.

I don't own it yet as I do not live near a NEX, but I saw it first hand 2 weeks ago when our CO wore it during our freshman indoc. It looks worse than in the pictures (which I didn't think looked too terrible, but my opinion has now changed) and my CO was not happy about the whole ensemble. Hopefully once I purchase it I'll like it more, but right now I'm not optimistic.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
You guys should get a bunch of too-short grape-smuggling shorts and some faded plain cotton t-shirts, then you could call it "PT" when you have a bunch of uncoordinated guys playing soccer (or whatever) at 0530 which eventually turns into a wrestling match because over half the people there don't actually want to play soccer.

S.O.B.

pilot
I'm serious if you were to look at this organization from the outside it would look like shit: we have at least one CO fired a week, Admirals resigning, major acquisition programs out of control and ships that can't make deployments.

“The modesty liner in the shorts did not allow for all builds, so we’ve re-crafted the specs to fit a broader range of sailors in each size category.”

Wahahaha. Gotta love the phraseology. He must've been a PAO in a previous life.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Is the "modesty liner" really that uncomfortable? What is it, like a built in panty type thing - like in track shorts? Why is it there, are the shorts semi-transparent, or for like situps so you don't see someone's stuff?

And agreed with everything S.O.B. said.

ac2NASTY

AC -> OC -> O3E
pilot
My Division is already required to wear them, a command decision. YES!!! We PT together 3-4 times a week so I get a lot of use out of mine. My only complaint is the length. I am taller than most so even the longer of the 2 sizes of shorts are uncomfortable for me. I am also skinny so getting a XXL for the extra length results in me holding them up during half our workout. The modesty liner does make THINGS tight. Many of the people I work with did cut the liner out to create a little extra breathing room. I think the majority of us are actually getting use to them (considering we have been doing this for a month now). Even so I am glad to hear they will be making some changes, hopefully for the better.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Required wear at my command starting next week.... good thing I busted my hand and knee.. (not really as I gimp every place I go... and mess meeting this week)

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
don't own them. don't plan on buying them till a command i am at mandates them. I have 5 sets of different PT gear in my drawers, from 4 years in NROTC. I'll be damned if i buy more sh!t i won't wear...until someone with a lot of rank orders me to :confused:
As for the immodesty liner, why not just cut it out and wear a pair of compress shorts?

Who says we need to be modest anyways? why not just go the complete opposite way like the marines do and let our junx flop out there in shorts that would make a high school skank blush? Our other new unis already look like theirs, let's just make ourselves the blue marines all the way.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
don't own them. don't plan on buying them till a command i am at mandates them. I have 5 sets of different PT gear in my drawers, from 4 years in NROTC. I'll be damned if i buy more sh!t i won't wear...until someone with a lot of rank orders me to :confused:
As for the immodesty liner, why not just cut it out and wear a pair of compress shorts?

Who says we need to be modest anyways? why not just go the complete opposite way like the marines do and let our junx flop out there in shorts that would make a high school skank blush? Our other new unis already look like theirs, let's just make ourselves the blue marines all the way.

The article says people are doing that.

This whole topic reminds me of the picture someone sent me of a soccer player pissing out his shorts-leg while feigning a stretch. Two birds, one stone. :D