• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Professional Reading Drop Box

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
Thanks for the history lesson, wouldn't want to upset the "proud Japanese people" in 1935 right before they raped and pillaged the countries so close to Nippon's shores.
Thanks for the history lesson, wouldn't want to upset the "proud Japanese people" in 1935 right before they raped and pillaged the countries so close to Nippon's shores.
I assume you’re being purposefully ignorant of the prior 100 years of history in that region. Cool arguing technique.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
For those of you who are residents or live in the state of New York - and if your pistol permit is from before 15 Jan 2013, you have until 31 Jan 2018 to renew your pistol permit. After passage of the NYSAFE ACT, failure to do so could lead to confiscation of not only your pistols, but also your unregistered shotguns and rifles according to local papers. I was first made aware of this courtesy of the NRA - but local papers seemed to confirm it. If anyone has information to the contrary, please list it. I am not a resident of NY - but thought those that are should be forewarned.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...mit-recertification-deadline-nears/990830001/

Controversial from the start, the state's Secure Ammunition Firearms Enforcement Act is generating more contention as the Jan. 31 deadline for pistol permit recertification nears...Under the SAFE Act, the state's pistol permit holders are required to recertify their permits every five years. For people with licenses issued before Jan. 15, 2013, the deadline is Jan. 31. For all those with licenses issued after Jan. 15, 2013, the deadline to recertify is five years after the date the license was issued...

The stakes are high for failing to recertify: do so and the law requires that your permit be revoked, and that you then surrender all your firearms to police, including rifles and shotguns, for which no license or registration is required.

Bello said he's been working alongside other members of the New York State Association of County Clerks to figure out if there's a possibility for some kind of appeals process rather than automatic revocation...He said police have no interest in "taking someone's legal firearm, or grandpa's long gun or shotgun, but that's the way the law is written."

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think Randy has s bright future in the online publishing field. He’s already experienced at composing click bait headlines. I hear Task & Purpose is hiring.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
If your referencing the Opium Wars, they had nothing to do with Japan.
No, he is likely referencing Perry’s journey to Edo that shook the foundations of the Shogunate. I think, however, he might be forgetting how aggressive Japan turned once they discovered the benefits of “modernity.”

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
True, though I’m not optimistic on their influence on the editors.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
Too many clickbait-ish articles with little substance or purpose whose sole task seems to be getting you to the page so they can get the ad revenue.
I mean it’s free... so yeah, ad revenue is how they pay their staff. I find they have some good shit. But I’m a millennial inured against clickbait sooooo....

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I mean it’s free... so yeah, ad revenue is how they pay their staff. I find they have some good shit. But I’m a millennial inured against clickbait sooooo....

Having just visited their site again this morning after this thread they have improved a little bit they still have way too much chaff to wade through before you get to the good stuff. Not only that but the 'good stuff' isn't anywhere near as in-depth or comprehensive enough for anyone interested in more detail. There are plenty of websites out there nowadays doing the same thing they are and better quality and aren't filled with articles like '7 Types Of People You Date While In Uniform'.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Echo Flash. I get that they’re trying to generate revenue, but it’s just so over the top most of the time that it’s hard to take them seriously. Also, for a military centric site, many of their serious stories are about the same quality of reporting that you’d find in Navy Times, with contributors who clearly don’t have a basic understanding about the topic they’re reporting on. It’s amateurish and unserious. I hope Ricks’ presence will add some credibility to the mix there, and I hope that is the angle they’re going for, but I remain skeptical.