• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Problems with Airwarriors website

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taildragger

API-bound!
Are any of you guys having problems trying to get Airwarriors.com to load sometimes? Sometimes, I'll come to the site, and it won't load, and I'll have to wait for awhile and try it again. Just wondering if its a common problem or if its just my POS computer.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Yep. I noticed it does it more on the computer I use that has service pack 2 installed on it... the other one seems to work fine pretty much every time.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
FutureNavyPilot said:
Are any of you guys having problems trying to get Airwarriors.com to load sometimes? .....Just wondering if its a common problem or if its just my POS computer.

Nope, it's not your POS computer. I get the same results with 3 Star-Wars computers -- both destop and laptop. Your POS computer has problems that have nothing to do with this website --- that is why you correctly identify it as a POS. But this website IS infinitely BETTER than the Military.com website or some other(s) ... .... and so is the membership. :)

updatba.gif
ROGER BALL !!

NavyOCS

I have the same problem on my home pc and the schools. If I type in the url address some weird website comes up. I always have to go to google search for airwarriors forum and get here that way if I am not at home.

Taildragger

API-bound!
A4sForever said:
Your POS computer has problems that have nothing to do with this website --- that is why you correctly identify it as a POS.[/B]

Haha yeah, you can take one look at it and tell it's a POS. I've gotta get a new one soon.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Official: Airwarriors is one of the most unreliable sites on the internet. Time to fire somebody.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No problems here connecting. Guess you have to know someone to get any real customer service around here. Wait a minute, the site is free. Therefore, there are no customers which, by default, means there's no need for customer service. Oh well, life sucks.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
Official: Airwarriors is one of the most unreliable sites on the internet. Time to fire somebody.
If that is what you think, then I could easily delete your account to free up server memory. :D

Food for thought as Steve mentioned:
- site has been running well for 5 years
- I have moved servers and hosting providers as we have expanded
- gone from a few users to almost 9000 (4000 active within last 90 days)
- online sessions average between 40-145
- close to a million page views a month
- limited and non-abtrusive ads

For something I don't even break even on, and that I do as a hobby and to help others out, I personally think this site is a success. From the help of another user here who owns a high end server and business that he gave space for airwarriors to run the site on, you guys and gals get a place to post your questions. I do my best to inform ppl when I take the site down for maintenance or upgrades, and yet I get posts like this. Many factors on the net affect whether a site is accessible, network loading, your ISP, DNS servers updating, malicious server attacks (yes, those have happened), and internet backbone overloading. This is not CNN or Yahoo, I don't have multiple servers.

In response to the original question, I do not know "why" the site was inaccessible for 22 hours, I could still FTP and access my airwarriors email, so I am in a bit of lurch without talking to my friend who owns the server (currently at the pointy end of the spear).

Final thought, now, if I am in Japan, and can access the site fine (over 60 "hops" to get to me), then the rest of you need to look at your service providers or your computers.

End rant, and back to work....

John

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey John, no offense intended, it was light hearted.

60 hops!? WOW!

cindy

:icon_mi_1 Would like to thank Webmaster et al for this wonderful site. It has been one of the most useful sites that I have used.

THANK YOU

If I were a nit-picker, I would say that I remember one day, couple weeks ago, that I could not get in. I have seen an occasional "hang" on initial load, but a simple "refresh" browser and it works fine. Certainly nothing to complain about.

Again, from one anyway, i appreciate and thank your for your efforts.

perchul

I personally don't know what I would do without this site, I think my life would be a hollow shell without it...or is it the otherway around?

Status
Not open for further replies.