• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Problems with Airwarriors website

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
FutureNavyPilot said:
Airwarriors is by far the best forum -- and best military aviation website for that matter -- that I know of. It far surpasses the other military aviation forums that I am a member on. I just threw the question out there because I was curious if anyone else on the forum had ever experienced the same thing. In the meantime I think it's time to take my computer on a little Office Space-style trip to an open field haha...
No harm, no foul. I just didn't want it to degenerate into an AW b!tch session that would piss me off, without ppl at least reading the details (I have seen that before over the last 5 years, amazing how it all repeats).

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I definitely don't want to charge for membership, or anything along those lines with this site. As mentioned, the majority of the ppl we are here to help, are the "poor, starving, college types", though, at times I think I had more $$ and fun during those years, but I digress. I did the paypal donation thing about 2 years ago, and it basically paid for the entire year run of the website, so I promptly turned it off after the initial in rush.

Anyways, if you want to chip in, please feel free. The site won't disappear if you don't, and I am NOT living in a cardboard box (Navy housing, yes, but not THAT far down the ladder, lol).

Here is a link:

http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/paypal.html

Appreciate the support.

John

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
zab1001 said:
All my extra flight pay goes to my illegitimate children scattered across 5th and 7th Fleet....

Nah, I'd kick in some cash as well...it's time those kids got jobs anyway...

dude flgiht surgeons hand out rubbers by the boat full oh wait you dont go on boats but still wrap that rascal there are some scary power point pictures out there in both those fleets

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
skidkid said:
Meridian?????

LOL

anim_lol.gif

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
skidkid said:
dude flgiht surgeons hand out rubbers by the boat full oh wait you dont go on boats but still wrap that rascal there are some scary power point pictures out there in both those fleets

I was gonna retort with a great sea story...but it isn't suitable for this forum...maybe we need a "real deal tales of the sea" forum...nah...

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
zab1001 said:

I was gonna retort with a great sea story...but it isn't suitable for this forum...maybe we need a "real deal tales of the sea" forum...nah...

we have one.... it's called the "Private Naval Aviators" forum
:)

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
squeeze said:
we have one.... it's called the "Private Naval Aviators" forum
:)

My old Skipper already has enough "ideas" about me, I don't need him lurking in there and confirming anything...

uh...so..."problems with the site"...uh...how about I'm on here too much...

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah I think nothing good could come of reliving stories from some far off foreign shore where things are a little "different"

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
...and that is why I've sworn an oath to myself that I will not get married before I deploy at least once.

reliving the stories is fine... having a permanent record of them online is not

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin
I guess I should chime in here...

The stalled connection problem had to deal with ipv4 connections only. I currently have a workaround in place, but I haven't been able to guarantee against any more connection stalls. It should be dramatically better now. If you have any ipv6 connectivity, use that.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Machine said:
I guess I should chime in here...

The stalled connection problem had to deal with ipv4 connections only. I currently have a workaround in place, but I haven't been able to guarantee against any more connection stalls. It should be dramatically better now. If you have any ipv6 connectivity, use that.
Anyone have a geek to english translator? :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.