• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PRK tommorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
I think it's just the fact that it's uncomfortable knowing that they're scraping away your eye. While it didn't hurt it did have an extremely slight stinging sensation. I guess weird would be the right word for it.

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Hey Reaper,

How many fingers am I holding up!!!...Hope everything is going well with your recovery. Will you recovery time get you cleared in time for 186 if they're taken grads???

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Reaper,
I wouldn't be too worried about your eyes getting better. I was worried too, and I see great now. Just a peice of advise, don't compare your eyes to eachother!! It will worry you sick, and your eyes will heal at different rates. Did you get Interwave? I think it's the same as Custom Cornea, but not sure, if so you'll heal faster.

Ben

reapergm

Yeah, I got the wave mapping, custom PRK. I clocked in at 20/40 today... getting better each day! Pain is gone, now just alittle light sensative. It feels like its always dry. Awesome feeling though. Its so weird! Saw Gothika last night, first movie with my own eyes (Scary, I liked it!). TN- Nah, stinks, I had a preop of -6.25, looks like 187. OH well, as long as I get there.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I'm so fed up with contacts!! I've had to mess with my newest pair more than normal. As soon as I get back from my first increment of PLC... Hello PRK! I can't wait to not have to wear contacts and glasses again! Keep us posted Reaper. God Bless.

reapergm

20/20... bandage contacts off... CRAZY!!! RECOMMEND TO ALL!!! It gets a little cloudy when it starts to dry up, but then fine with some rewetting drops. I just need to make sure it stays like this. Now to call my oso and find out whats next. I know hes going to give me $hit, but whatever. Hopefully he will back me up and things will work out.

NeoCortex

Castle Law for all States!!!
pilot
Congrats Reaper!!!

Now you just have to wait for 3 or 6 months, according to how bad your eyes were. this part sucks the worst. you know that you can see fine, but you still have to wait. Good luck.

Ben

smith010

Congrats Reaper! I may need the same procedure... just have no idea how I will be paying for it. Take care.

Daedalus

If you have perfect credit, a 4k unsecured loan (you can't put your eyes up as collateral) is a big risk.

smith010

HA HA HA... I didnt think all of you would take such an interest in my finances... thats funny. I don't have perfect credit (or anything that even resembles it) and I have never heard of putting a car up for collateral on a credit card account. Anyway... between putting money away for school and fixing things around the house (that famous "Honey Do" list) money is short for me and the wifey. But, may have to just bite the bullet if they say I need to have it done. Thanks yall.

Status
Not open for further replies.