• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Private Pilot's License advantage question.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
It's an interesting point that most ANG units like to see flight time, and many won't even talk to you until you have a PPL and 80-100 hours. Just a difference in application process and ideas I guess.

gusthebus229

Is there any significant advantage one having a Private Pilots License would get for applying for a SNA or SNFO? Thanks.

as far as actually being a better naval aviator i don't think it'll do much. as far as filling all the boxes on the application for commission, and proving your well-rounded-ness, yes.

BullGator

You haven't been on the site long, have you? A4's started off in the A-6E (a jet that even would have wanted to fly, then transitioned to the A-4 flying adversary.
Not relatively long; I been reading since June and registered on Aug 8th 2008.

I've just heard individual stories about the A4 and A6s and don't know the exact history. I do understand (I think) that the A4s flew through the 80's and were replaced before the 90's(?). I also know the A6 has been modified into the Prowler which is still in service. That's pretty much the limited extent of history that I know on those airplane types.

So did A4sForever fly A4s? Again, just curious.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Not relatively long; I been reading since June and registered on Aug 8th 2008.

I've just heard individual stories about the A4 and A6s and don't know the exact history. I do understand (I think) that the A4s flew through the 80's and were replaced before the 90's(?). I also know the A6 has been modified into the Prowler which is still in service. That's pretty much the limited extent of history that I know on those airplane types.

So did A4sForever fly A4s? Again, just curious.

Of course he did. He would have to be pretty stupid to use that as his username otherwise.

Of many accusations against him, stupidity is rarely one of them.

And the TA-4J was flying until 2000 or so.

BullGator

Of course he did. He would have to be pretty stupid to use that as his username otherwise.

Of many accusations against him, stupidity is rarely one of them.

And the TA-4J was flying until 2000 or so.
Thank you for the info. I figured he did fly 'em but I didn't realize that there was a TA-4J.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
The TA-4J:

155072c.jpg

nugget61

pilot
You haven't been on the site long, have you? A4's started off in the A-6E (a jet that even would have wanted to fly, then transitioned to the A-4 flying adversary.

Do they still use the A-4 for adversary or only F-16s now?

Edit: Answered while I was posting