• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary on Monday

Erin M.

pilot
can't say we didn't warn you. 1st rule of flight school: be invisible
Haha, I'm kidding. I'm the most senior in the class. I'm getting promoted to 1stLt in 2 weeks, and all of the other Marines are some time after that. All the Navy guys are basically right out of College, so it definitely wouldn't be any of them. The only Coastie happened to be lucky enough to be sent here before getting tasked with some other tour.

tdh10

Everybody still shoots for VT2. I've never heard anything bad about VT6 except that it is slow to get students through, but I'm not really sure how much control the squadron has over that. VT3 is the one everybody says to avoid.

Honestly, I'm not sure why everyone makes such a big deal over those things. You have very little control over which squadron you end up with. You may find that the very things that make one squadron avoided by everyone else are preferable to your learning style. Maybe you end up with an on-wing you really click with. Who knows? That is why I just figure it is better to focus on things that ARE under my control and just roll with everything else.

I've never posted on here but I log on when I get bored. I went through VT-3 and finished a few months ago. I remember checking in and was pissed when I found out I was going to 3. "the Marine killer". I think the stigma of being an Air Force Squadron get everyone all worked up. Yes there are more AF students and instructors but I never witnessed or went through anything that was any more shitty or better than the other squadrons ( except completing faster). As a matter of fact I was grateful being in 3 as I went through primary after talking to my friends in 6 and 2. My onwing is a navy Lt. I flew with probably 10 AF instructors( every single flight was great). The current CO has created a very positive climate. I don't really know why I'm posting this but I get pissed when I read so much fucking bullshit about 3 being a whore.

KBayDog

I've never posted on here but I log on when I get bored...I don't really know why I'm posting this but I get pissed when I read so much fucking bullshit about 3 being a whore.

10644622.jpg

Erin M.

pilot
I don't know if this was missed but I was kidding about the class leader because of Air Warriors post.

Also to the VT-3 comments; I understand that its frustrating to hear that the perception of your [former] squadron is off, but I wasn't trying to perpetuate that myth. I just said that people told me to avoid it. (Which is silly because aside from being a douche and intentionally bringing up circumstances that would delay my class date, there is no way to control that.)

Wingnut172N

Tumbleweed
pilot
No offense taken. I was horrified when I found out I was going to VT-3. Once I was there I couldn't imagine being in any other squadron. Lesson learned: nothing is as bad as everyone says. Except the centrifuge...that was as bad as they said.

Not to mention that I thought "Shooter" sounded much cooler on the radio than "Red Knight"...of course neither sounded cool when preceded by one of my helmet fire induced radio calls.

Achilles

That dog won't hunt, Monsignor!
pilot
I've never posted on here but I log on when I get bored. I went through VT-3 and finished a few months ago. I remember checking in and was pissed when I found out I was going to 3. "the Marine killer". I think the stigma of being an Air Force Squadron get everyone all worked up. Yes there are more AF students and instructors but I never witnessed or went through anything that was any more shitty or better than the other squadrons ( except completing faster). As a matter of fact I was grateful being in 3 as I went through primary after talking to my friends in 6 and 2. My onwing is a navy Lt. I flew with probably 10 AF instructors( every single flight was great). The current CO has created a very positive climate. I don't really know why I'm posting this but I get pissed when I read so much fucking bullshit about 3 being a whore.

Simmer Down Sally. I have friends in VT-3 who finished ground school over a month ago and still haven't done FAM-0, so they are having to re-do night school. Everyone has a different perspective, some people like night school, I'd much rather sit at home and force myself to study on my days off then be on base at 6am every morning for 2-3 weeks. It's a difference in cultures, the Air Force will make you pass. The Marine Corps/Navy will give you the materials and expect you to put in the time without someone telling you to do it. The upside is that the VT-3 students rarely stand duty since they have Air Force Lt's on stash jobs. VT-6 is pretty backed up as well, a friend in 6 was told he won't start flying till end of September/early October and he checked back into the squadron after ground school about 3 weeks ago. VT-6 does a 24 hr duty and you have to stand it in Chucks/Khakis. VT-2 does a 12 hr duty, which means you'll stand it twice as much, but you can be in Cammies. All of this doesn't really matter because there isn't much you can do to control what squadron you get in anyways.