• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary EP's audio

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
It has been said here before ... you can always make your own. That way you will know they are up to date with the current NATOPS and they can be in the style you like.

BTW, which EP(s) did they change?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
It has been said here before ... you can always make your own. That way you will know they are up to date with the current NATOPS and they can be in the style you like.

BTW, which EP(s) did they change?

Biggest one is they changed streaming fuel to recognize that it isn't automatically a PEL due to the stability of jet fuel (not going to type out the whole thing); though it now contradicts the note in smoke and fume elimination.

Changed the cockpit indications for 115-V 1-Amp C-B popped in Inverter failure.

In OCF recovery, added a line about moving stick forward, to stops if necessary, to aid in spin recovery if recovery is not evident.

There may have been some more. I made my own flash cards so I don't recall offhand which pages have been pasted in.

Out comes the PCL: In a few places - note: securing electrical power means our gear indicators won't work. Separated the windshear into a section on indications and escape procedures. And they changed the value of the attitude gyro CB.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Biggest change was to streaming fuel....you don't have to PEL unless engine failure/fire/explosion is imminent due to "position or severity of leak". Also, (and rightly so) it says that since JP is so stable, it is highly unlikely that lowering the gear and flaps would cause an explosion.

Also the rear cockpit Att gyro indicator now works w/ inv 2 selected if the 115 VAC 1 amp CB is popped. And you may need to shove the stick full forward to recover from a spin if you don't seem to be getting the right response from your spin recovery inputs.

uhhh...I think I just blacked out, but that is the gist of it.....a couple others in there, but those were the big items

Edit: haha I guess I don't type fast enough. Yay for duplicate posts

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
YOU WILL NOT LIVE THROUGH API UNLESS YOU GET THEM LIKE IMMEDIATELY....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

Good advice. You need to go to Whiting and practice in the static displays in your downtime during API. You won't get jets any other way.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
... it says that since JP is so stable, it is highly unlikely that lowering the gear and flaps would cause an explosion.
That's too bad, no more "BOOM!!! YOU'RE DEAD" being screamed over the ICS after lowing the gear during a streaming fuel EP...

Nice work gents ... apparently you guys have been studying :D

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Good advice. You need to go to Whiting and practice in the static displays in your downtime during API. You won't get jets any other way.

And use the microsim at your earliest opportunity, and often......plan on spending most of Primary there......don't let anyone tell you otherwise, the guy that invented it got like a 150 NSS and turned down a jet slot.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

No. From what I saw, unless you're really whiny and vocal about wanting jets all the time and asking everyone what their grades are after EVERY flight, you won't get jets. ;)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
That's too bad, no more "BOOM!!! YOU'RE DEAD" being screamed over the ICS after lowing the gear during a streaming fuel EP...

Unfortunately it is all still optional, so I guess your IP could still make you do the mask don, canopy open, hand crank gear PEL dance if he wanted to

Morgan81

It's not my lawn. It's OUR lawn.
pilot
Contributor
Unfortunately it is all still optional, so I guess your IP could still make you do the mask don, canopy open, hand crank gear PEL dance if he wanted to
How else are they going to do that to you on 4203?

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor

They can just give you fuel fumes in the cockpit. They didn't change the smoke and fume elimination EP, it still has the "electrical arcing may cause an explosion" warning.