• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

President Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

Boomhower

Shoot, man, it's that dang ol' internet
None
Shopping at FUBU perhaps?

Not true.

One of the funniest things I have ever seen was a white guy decked out in FUBU gear in LA that was being confronted by a guy in my squadron that was black...and drunk. It was priceless. He was able to say what we white guys couldn't. FUBU guy had no defense.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator

subTidal

Dunno; that seems anticlimactic after crushing Sen. McCain last November. I'm guessing he'll be happier signing a health care reform bill this year, than he would getting a Heisman.

Still, if it would make Hannity's head explode, I'll vote for it.

He beat him, but is 53 to 46% of the popular vote considered "crushing"?

Really? You'd vote to spend $1 trillion dollars to make "Hannity's head explode"? Wow.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
He beat him, but is 53 to 46% of the popular vote considered "crushing"?
Yes

Really? You'd vote to spend $1 trillion dollars to make "Hannity's head explode"? Wow.
I was referring to voting on the Heisman to make "Hannity's head explode". :)

And a July 17 CBO estimate found that the House bill would increase the Fed'l deficit by $239 billion over 10 years...not a trillion. The CBO's final analysis of the bill from the Senate Finance Committee has not been released yet.

DukeAndrewJ

Divo without a division
Contributor
Yes

I was referring to voting on the Heisman to make "Hannity's head explode". :)

And a July 17 CBO estimate found that the House bill would increase the Fed'l deficit by $239 billion over 10 years...not a trillion. The CBO's final analysis of the bill from the Senate Finance Committee has not been released yet.

While I have to agree with the part about Hannity's head exploding...as for the cost estimates, I will believe it when I see it. A lot of the expected savings comes from the presumption of future congressional frugality (something congress is not known for). It is sort of like when I drink too much even though I have to be at work at 8 am - "that is future DukeAndrewJ's problem."

from a report released by the Senate Joint Economic Committee: "Medicare (entire program). In 1967, the House Ways and Means Committee predicted that the new Medicare program, launched the previous year, would cost about $12 billion in 1990. Actual Medicare spending in 1990 was $110 billion—off by nearly a factor of 10."
http://jec.senate.gov/republicans/p...orm_Cost_Estimates_Reliable__July_31_2009.pdf

If we have never been able to keep entitlement programs from ballooning before, why will we suddenly exert better self-control?

subTidal

If that's your definition, then fair enough.

From the CBO analysis: http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/104xx/doc10464/hr3200.pdf the cost of the bill would be just over $1 trillion, but partly offset by "spending changes" to whittle down to $239 billion. How do you suppose they would accomplish that?

SkywardET

Contrarian
Yay, healthcare debate!!!

It's actually a lot simpler than some people make it out to be, I think. Once you clear out all the mud, it's basic economics. There is a smaller supply of "health care" than there is a demand for it. If you want to reduce the "health care crisis" which is actually a cost crisis (well technically a price crisis), then you need to enact measures which will either increase the supply of "health care" assets or reduce the demand for it. Almost none of the options being discussed do either of those things.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Yay, healthcare debate!!!

It's actually a lot simpler than some people make it out to be, I think. Once you clear out all the mud, it's basic economics. There is a smaller supply of "health care" than there is a demand for it. If you want to reduce the "health care crisis" which is actually a cost crisis (well technically a price crisis), then you need to enact measures which will either increase the supply of "health care" assets or reduce the demand for it. Almost none of the options being discussed do either of those things.

Why do we need better healthcare? I don't like most people enough to want to deal with them for any longer than the average 76 years they get anyways. Dogs do it right. Show up, hang out 10-11 years... when you start shitting on things again and wearing out your welcome, exit gracefully in front of a minivan full of kids on the way to a soccer game.

yak52driver

Contributor
Well, since we've moved on to the healthcare debate, I fly with several doctors. To a person they disagree with the proposed reinvention of healtchare. Their take, we already have a system on place to provide healthcare for those that can't get it, medicade. Gota say it makes a lot of sense when they talk about it. My .02.

exhelodrvr

pilot
Why do we need better healthcare? I don't like most people enough to want to deal with them for any longer than the average 76 years they get anyways. Dogs do it right. Show up, hang out 10-11 years... when you start shitting on things again and wearing out your welcome, exit gracefully in front of a minivan full of kids on the way to a soccer game.

That has the added benefit of creating jobs in the auto industry.