• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

President Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Hey, they're both black :rolleyes:.

Brett

thats_racist.gif

I'm appalled that you'd make a comparison between them. SHOCKED EVEN.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Just saw Carlito's Way not too long ago. Man his character was such a tool.

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Hey, they're both black :rolleyes:.

Brett

Mr. Obama is half-white. Somewhere in this presidency & dog 'n pony show environment we live in, it has been completely forgotten that his mother was white & he was substantially raised by his white maternal grandparents.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Mr. Obama is half-white. Somewhere in this presidency & dog 'n pony show environment we live in, it has been completely forgotten that his mother was white & he was substantially raised by his white maternal grandparents.

Sort of like Malcolm X?

I don't think anyone forgot. I just think this country has a pretty simple definition for what makes someone black, and it is primarily based on what you look like.

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
I just think this country has a pretty simple definition for what makes someone black, and it is primarily based on what you look like.

Ummm. . .help us out here, isn't that how the classification came about in the first place? Isn't that the central feature common to the entire black community?

What other criterion would you propose that is more enlightened?

AJB37

Well, I guess he should only be half offended by racial slurs and such then. I'd bet the President has been treated and perceived as a black male for all his life regardless of the fact that he is half white.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
What other criterion would you propose that is more enlightened?
I wouldn't.

Well, I guess he should only be half offended by racial slurs and such then. I'd bet the President has been treated and perceived as a black male for all his life regardless of the fact that he is half white.

This was all I meant. Are "mulatto," "half-white," or "quarter-black" terms that fly around the lexicon these day as identifiers? Maybe qualifiers in certain conversations / the census?