• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

President Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Nope and keep in mind he won his for actually negotiating the end of a war.

Yeah ... PLUS ... 'Teddy' led a no-shit CHARGE -- a hard-core, tip of the spear, guns & knives CHARGE -- up some Cuban hills generally referred to as 'San Juan Hill' ... big difference on so many levels. BIG DIFFERENCE !!!

How many politicos have done ANYTHING remotely similar, anytime in recent memory ... ???? :)

Look at these guys ... look at their faces ... for any and all faults that may have been inherent in their personal lives ... they are truly amazing Americans.

roughriderssanjuan1.jpg

exhelodrvr

pilot
Yeah ... PLUS ... 'Teddy' led a no-shit CHARGE -- a hard-core, tip of the spear, guns & knives CHARGE -- up some Cuban hills generally referred to as 'San Juan Hill' ... big difference on so many levels. BIG DIFFERENCE !!!

Against troops that were better armed (Mausers vs Krag-Jorgensens)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Against troops that were better armed (Mausers vs Krag-Jorgensens)

Krag-Jørgensen??? As in Norwegian ... ???

You sick, sick bastard ... are you trying to return this thread from its semi-promising
'guts-ball course correction' to the Rough Riders back into a 'discussion' of lutefisk, Nobel prize laureates, and other things 'Norwegian' ... ???? :eek:

Probably not.

exhelodrvr

pilot
Krag-Jørgensen??? As in Norwegian ... ???

You sick, sick bastard ... are you trying to return this thread from its semi-promising 'guts-ball course correction' to the Rough Riders back into a 'discussion' of lutefisk, Nobel prize laureates, and other things 'Norwegian' ... ???? :eek:

LOL! Then I guess asking who has trapped with a COD is out of the question.

E

ebolamonkey

Unbelievable....this is a joke right? I'm still asleep and I'm dreaming right?

This is what I thought exactly and its been a shitty day, shitty weather, and of course this news. I thought I woke up today on the first of April...

I think this serves to put pressure on Obama to get results. Maybe peace will happen after we go to Iran...?

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
It happened. The question...Will this influence the President's decision on Afghanistan? It'll be tough for the president to hold that big thunderbolt in his hand and cast it upon southwest Asia when he has the nobel peace prize hanging around his neck.

The other...Was it meant to? I heard from one of the random news sources this morning while I was waiting to see his press conference that the deliberation went through August, but I'm not sure when the actual decision was made.

Conjecture is fun. I also see a 1984 joke in there somewhere.
Seriously doubt it will have an effect one way or another on his decision making regarding Afghanistan. I'm sure it is just another distraction, but not much else.

An aside: A Nobel Prize (even the Peace Price) is well-regarded throughout the world. Pissing and moaning doesn't make that statement any less true.

Mos

None
You know, with regards to Afghanistan, the NPP could work to screw him over the other way around. If he does turn tail on Afghanistan, it's just another point of criticism from his opponents. If, on the other hand, he allows the military to drill the Taliban a new asshole, then he might very well be taking after TR.

Random8145

An aside: A Nobel Prize (even the Peace Price) is well-regarded throughout the world. Pissing and moaning doesn't make that statement any less true.

Yes, but it's well-regarded because in general one has to have done something of extraordinary caliber to get it. President Obama was nominated for it after he'd been in office for a few weeks, then selected for it while not having been President for even a year yet.

That pretty much blows the credibility of it completely out the window.

Now if he can truly bring some real peace to the Middle East in a way that is extraordinary, then sure, nominate him, but they need to wait for him to do it.

On the side, anyone find a fun irony in that President Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize on the day that the United States bombs the Moon?:)

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Yes, but it's well-regarded because in general one has to have done something of extraordinary caliber to get it. President Obama was nominated for it after he'd been in office for a few weeks, then selected for it while not having been President for even a year yet.

That pretty much blows the credibility of it completely out the window.

Now if he can truly bring some real peace to the Middle East in a way that is extraordinary, then sure, nominate him, but they need to wait for him to do it.

On the side, anyone find a fun irony in that President Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize on the day that the United States bombs the Moon?:)

I'm actually a little pissed about that last part because I wanted to see more about that. Apparently the video didn't work. Anyways that's a cool science experiment.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm actually a little pissed about that last part because I wanted to see more about that. Apparently the video didn't work. Anyways that's a cool science experiment.

I love how everyone on TV declared the whole experiment a "failure" (and defacto waste of money) because there weren't any cool pictures or video. Idiots.

Brett

NUFO06

None
As for the international legitimacy of the award.
After all the gasp and international disbelief I think even its international stock has fallen faster than the dollar after Tim Geithner opens his mouth on CSPAN.

Bevo16

pilot
White House Lines Out Awards Schedule for Remainder of Obama Administration

Washington, DC (Eyes Of Texas News) - Fresh off of accepting the Nobel Peace Prize for his good intentions to eventually do something to further the cause of world peace, President Barack Obama and his aides have lined out an awards acceptance schedule for the remainder of what they anticipate to be the President's two terms in office. White House spokesperson and all around good guy Robert Gibbs released the Awards Acceptance Schedule at his daily press briefing on Friday.

The details are as follows:

Next week, the Government Accounting Office will give Obama it's Fiscal Conservative of the Year award for his intention to balance the federal budget. In response to a reporter's question, Gibbs clarified, "Well, ok, he doesn't actually intend to 'balance' the budget, but he does intend, by 2016, to cut the deficit down to only three times the level it reached in 2008."

At halftime of the October 17 game between the Texas Longhorns and Oklahoma Sooners, the NCAA will present President Obama with a Lifetime Achievement Award for his intention to perform the game's honorary coin flip. Gibbs could not confirm whether the President will actually be in Dallas that day or not, stating only that "?he certainly intends to be there, and further intends for the coin to come up heads."

Not to be outdone, Major League Baseball will present the President with its own Special Achievement Award during the 7th inning stretch of game 1 of the upcoming World Series for his intention to have thrown out the first pitch, whether he actually does so or not. Gibbs did confirm that the President would definitely be there if and only if the Chicago Cubs are declared to be the National League Champions, and all seven World Series Games are played at Wrigley Field. Major League Baseball officials are currently in negotiations with all eight teams that actually qualified for the playoffs, and said they would do their best to accommodate the President's stipulations.

In early December, the Downtown Athletic Club of New York will present President Obama with the Heisman Trophy for Obama's intention to have rushed for more than 2,200 yards this season.

Next February, the Motion Picture Academy of America will nominate President Obama for an Oscar for his intention to have played the lead roles in "Couples Retreat", and "Transformers II". Gibbs told the press that the President would have preferred the role in the Transformers movie because "?he really has the hots for Megan Fox." Gibbs went on to say that the President would be thrilled to accept the Oscar in person if the awards ceremony were to be held in his home town of Chicago and hosted by former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich.

In April of 2012, the Academy of Country Music will present the President with an ACM Award for a duet he intends to sing with Carrie Underwood. When asked by reporters which song the President and Ms. Underwood would record, Gibbs asked in turn "Why would you simply assume they are actually going to record a song? You guys really need to try to keep up here."

In September, 2013, MTV will present the President with its Video of the Year Award. During his acceptance speech, the President intends to be interrupted by Kanye West, who will declare " 'Scuse me, Barack, ah mon' let you finish, but Michelle has the best arms of all time!"

In March of 2014, Good Housekeeping Magazine will award the President with its Seal of Approval for his intention to pick up his dirty clothes on April 22 of that year.

In 2015, President Obama will be declared Miss Congeniality by the judges of the Miss America Pageant for his intention to be the nicest and most personable man in the contestants' dressing room. Later in the year, the Miss Universe Pageant will declare the President to be the winner of the Evening Gown competition for his intention to model a stunning number designed by Oscar de la Renta.

In 2016, President Obama will be awarded a gold medal at the Rio de Janiero Summer Olympics for his intention to win the decathlon competition. President Obama will accept the award from Oprah Winfrey in Chicago. In preparation for the awards ceremony, Gibbs said the President intends to learn all the words to the national anthem, and would represent all 57 states equally at the event.

And finally, to cap off his administration, on January 19, 2017, President Obama will award himself the Presidential Medial of Freedom for his intention to have done something or other that might or might not be positive for the country, and possibly even the rest of the world, during his two terms in office.

Gibbs pointed out that this was merely the first iteration of the Administration's awards acceptance schedule, and that like the U.S. Constitution, it is a document that will constantly evolve and often be completely ignored as the Obama presidency moves forward.