• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

pranksters!

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Flash you didn't hear about that! Oh man it was pretty hilarious. This Marine Contract VMI cheerleader totally took down this knob and put him in a headlock! But what matter is the El Cid kicked the shit out of VMI...AGAIN!!!

Go on you tube and you can check it out.

Go Dogs!

Next year will be different. We'll put y'all in a headlock both on and off of the field. :icon_tong

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Well, our rings are still bigger than y'all's.

VMI%20Cheerleader.jpg

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Flash you didn't hear about that! Oh man it was pretty hilarious. This Marine Contract VMI cheerleader totally took down this knob and put him in a headlock! But what matter is the El Cid kicked the shit out of VMI...AGAIN!!!

Go on you tube and you can check it out.

Go Dogs!

Why the hell was a cheerleader putting a knob in a headlock?

As for the game, what the hell do you expect from a team that has a kangaroo as thier mascot?

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, our rings are still bigger than y'all's.

VMI%20Cheerleader.jpg

Don't matter if you don't wear them (most grads don't).......are you trying to compensate for something........and doesn't Norwich have bigger rigns than you all anyways? Seriously, after talking trash all last year you just can't get over how we came to your house and schooled you on how to play football........all talk and no game.......:D

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
And the cycle continues... You wouldn't believe all the sh!t I got from my dad about "a real Plebe year"... lol ;) Someday its gonna be "when I was a plebe we had to wear UNIFORMS!"

My roomate's dad is an O-6 who came back and was like "who the hell do these football player types think they are with no ties on their blues?" My roomate responded "well dad... the Supe hasn't made them mandatory since the hurricane... some companies make it mandatory but on a brigade level, it's ok to not have them..." or something to that effect.

O well... next year there will be ALOT of change to the Academy so we've been hearing...

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Like working blues? No ties on working blues isn't anything new...

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
The more things change the more they stay the same.

True...

Re: The blues:

We were told no ties on WW Blues was only since the hurricane that wrecked the Academy back in 2004 (I think it was then) and alot of electricity and all the Air Conditioning was out so as a result, the Supe changed the rule to not have ties... Perhaps it's been longer? I know this has been an issue of gripe of many a class; it had to be fairly recent - that's the story my Seamanship teacher gave us and he's a '99 Grad and he said all four years he had ties on them.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
It was fall 2003 and we didn't have air conditioning at that point. The Sup came out with it as we were going in to the cold seeason so I don't think it had anything to do with heat or AC. He probably just liked the way it looked. I don't see why people gripe about it. Ties suck... I just meant that things like that change so many times. For instance a lot of people bitched about the Academy getting weak when they lost the spot corrections... well they didn't have them when my dad was there either... in the Vietnam era...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The more things change the more they stay the same.

There are cycles at all of the military colleges/academies. The alumni from the 60's and 70's at my school would always describe how tough cadet life was when they were there (Lords of Discipline apparently had a lot of truth to it) but when you talked to the guys from the 40's and early 50's things were not as brutal and were drastically different than just 10 years after them.

As for ties at USNA, I remember going on campus several times 15-20 years ago and they were not wearing ties back then with their WW Blues........and as far as I know those are the uniform regs for the regular Navy. So what the hell is the big deal?

P.S. None of this stuff will matter at any time after you graduate, with the only possible exception being reunions......;)

Junior

pilot
True...

Re: The blues:

We were told no ties on WW Blues was only since the hurricane that wrecked the Academy back in 2004 (I think it was then) and alot of electricity and all the Air Conditioning was out so as a result, the Supe changed the rule to not have ties... Perhaps it's been longer? I know this has been an issue of gripe of many a class; it had to be fairly recent - that's the story my Seamanship teacher gave us and he's a '99 Grad and he said all four years he had ties on them.
That's correct, it was fall of 2003. We didn't have AC in the Hall then but the academic buildings did. The chiller units were all flooded from the storm surge so it was down. Couple that with windows that don't open and it started to get pretty warm in the classrooms. We were required to put on the tie for formations and meals, but not for classes.

MrSaturn

Contributor
That's correct, it was fall of 2003. We didn't have AC in the Hall then but the academic buildings did. The chiller units were all flooded from the storm surge so it was down. Couple that with windows that don't open and it started to get pretty warm in the classrooms. We were required to put on the tie for formations and meals, but not for classes.

Yep, wore ties all the time before that hurricane. Plus we had to have a half windsor for blues and a full for SDBs. Although most teaches would let students loosen ties and roll up sleaves in the class. Then comes Hurricane, no ties except for formations and noon meal and only full windsors on both uniforms.

Just adding in some of the weirdness.