• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Practicing Procedures

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost_ttu

I'm not sure I would be able to putt, or hit a golf ball at all without saying "Hold my beer" before I do so. I mean it's like doing preflight, you have to do it....

Eliminate distractions, continuously work hard, vision what you hope to accomplish.

tali264

Originally posted by ghost_ttu
I'm not sure I would be able to putt, or hit a golf ball at all without saying "Hold my beer" before I do so.

you'll get used to it. Plus if you do it right you don't really end up hitting the ball too well......so it doesn't matter if it's one handed or if it's kicked with your foot [:p]

ghost_ttu

I'll get killed for this one.....A real man has a woman there to hold his beer when he's shooting for the hole.

Eliminate distractions, continuously work hard, vision what you hope to accomplish.

tali264

With that attitude I don't think you'll have to worry about having a woman hold your beer, play golf with you, or even talk to you for that matter.

ghost_ttu

ummmm does that include you not talking to me?
party_125.gif

ghost_ttu

awwwwwww do we have fussy tali now?

tali264

Originally posted by ghost_ttu
awwwwwww do we have fussy tali now?

No, I'm sure this is the reaction you get from most women. You should already know what it means
icon_smile_wink.gif
Either that, or a slap across the face. Whatever it takes to get the message across.

flynavy83

lol. Now for the singles guys, the cute chicks that go around on those carts selling the beverages is sweet. Then you can get a beer, and enjoy the view. God I love golf on a hot day.
icon_smile_wink.gif

ghost_ttu

it gets even better when you you get old enough to actually BUY one of those cold beers....

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Feel free to take a shot or two at ghost, flynavy83... There's no age requirement for that. Not a very challenging target though. It's kind of like playing the kiddie games at the carnival.

<<tali264 says i love the dolphins>>

ghost_ttu

GM, just cause you have spent all your milk money on the kiddie games and have finally conquered them doesn't mean you need to downplay their difficulty to those of us young at heart that don't spend as much time in that arena....

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
I'm finding the Microsoft Flight Simulaotr 98 and 2000 Downloads somewhat helpful and fun at the same time.

https://www.cnet.navy.mil/tw5/nawctsd/website/

FYI - the fixed/newer GPS model for 2000 looks identicle to the picture here

Unfortunately, all the files have are the aircraft and scenery. These downloads don't include the "Shell" found here https://www.cnet.navy.mil/microsim/nrotc/shell.htm

The last link has a 92MB ZIP beta file, but it's corrupt when you download it. Looks like they use the 92MB file in conjunction with the updated aircraft in the learning center.

You *MAY* have to be on a .MIL or .GOV internet server to download those files - not sure.

But none the less, I've found the aircraft to work fine ... GPS, VOR, and all.

Dunno, I'm gonna play with Flight Sim, practice VOR Nav between Whiting and surround air fields prior to me heading down in June 2003.

Good luck.

E

Status
Not open for further replies.