• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Plebe Hazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Integer

Banned
shoo24 said:
This place is deeeead anyways...

Over the one year I have posted here, I have found the Academy forum to be a very small and closely-knit community. Another thing I've noticed is that the Academy threads usually receive very few views; very little discussion.

When Ace asked the question about hazing, I responded with a historical perspective, and HerrLurp with a midshipman's. I did not expect twenty people from other forums to jump on Ace for asking a simple question, on me for replying to him, or on HerrLurp for saying that less hazing is probably good. In fact, I expected that almost nobody else but HerrLurp and myself would chime in. I am sure that HerrLurp and Ace have also gotten used to the same lack of information to believe that few people would reply. If we have facts, we share them, because nobody else is here to do that for us. Nobody meant any harm to nobody.

--The rest of this is optional reading-- :icon_mi_1

If there is a problem, it is not in what any of the three of us have said. We all get along, and have high hopes for our futures. We all have solid stats. We can't say we are 40 year old men, but that will come in due time. We share our information for the benefit of everyone, however, and do not discriminate on age, sex, gender, or race.

Maybe then, the problem lies in the content of the other posters? I will estimate that only five or six of 40 posts in this thread besides A's, H's, and my own have provided actual information. The majority has chosen to pick at language use and age. If this is supposed to be a forum in the literal sense, where the whole point is for everybody to express their opinions for the sake of speaking, then I guess this forum is running well. However, if this forum is intended to be an educational resource, instead of a bunch of men of varying ages yelling, "me, me, me," then maybe that is where the problem lies.

Believe it or not, most people who regularly use Academy forums are younger than those who use other forums at AirWarriors. That does not make this particular section, the use of it, or people's sources here automatically invalid. When Ace asked the question about hazing at the Academy, HerrLurp and I gave the most qualified answers about.. hazing at the Academy. Nobody else gave information relating both parts of the question. I am not sure why everybody is unhappy or unsatisfied with the answers. The three of us shared more information than did 90% of the other posts.

I have shared information with newer board members that I have pulled from this site. In addition, the sparks of fire to become competitive that some helpful posts instigated in me have been supplemented by firewood from my local library and and oxygen from the mouths of writers in other forms of media to combust into a big inferno of familiarity with the college. I have lent this information, also. You don't see any of us bragging about our civilian accomplishments in the BDCP or OCS forums, so please don't waive the military card in front of our faces when we discuss specific things about the Academy in an Academy thread.

I have said it before and I'll said it again, John, the webmaster, does an awesome job and this forum is just as keen. The only negative thing recently are people who choose not to stay on topic, and blast the people, not their information, instead.

Thanks!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My apologies for sticking my nose where it probabyly did not belong, I blame sheer boredom at work. While I caveated my statements that I did not go to Annapolis, I was trying to give the present state of hazing in the military, including the academies. It happens very rarely in any military enviroment today in this country. I was trying to partially answer the question, mainly through personal interest with the issue, I have seen it and do not agree with it. I was also trying to give some advice, but obviously did not work out.

Must ....not....get ....sucked....in....any....more....

Let me see if this thread can be salvaged. First of all, just leave Integer alone, it's not getting any of us anywhere and now we have a four-page flamewar.

Secondly, does anyone care to entertain us with a story from back in the day? As my old english teacher used to say (and I hated that b|&$) 'show, don't tell.' And I'll try to expand the thread a little too; does anyone have some stories about spirit missions or general craziness at the academy? HerrLURP, you sound like the type of guy who did (I mean 'witnessed') a few crazy things in your day.

Thanks

NuSnake

give all the *****ing and moaning a rest guys. 1- it makes you look like an idiot. 2- like has been mentioned before:"Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olypics, even if you win youre still a retard."

Just cut it out. If you want to argue, do it through PMs. Dont waste forum space to retaliate because someone disagreed with you.

Thank you, drive through....

Status
Not open for further replies.