• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Platform Smack Talk Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyr534

onasty said:
the only thing your qualified to fly is a KITE WITH THE NSS THAT YOU GOT!!!!!!! HOLY SH!!!!!

You're NSS was pretty freakin low considering you had 400 hours and an ATP before going to Primary.

cricechex

Dunedan said:
How about a quote from the late Robert S. Johnson, P-47 ace in the WWII European Theater and Medal of Honor recipient:

"It wouldn't matter if a man was assigned to fly a manhole cover; he'd still swear it was the best thing in the air!"

Ummm...yeah

"manhole cover" man that is freakin hilarious. ROFL! Good stuff

FLMarine

I was having a couple of beers with the girls downstairs from my appartment a couple of weeks ago when one of their boyfriends showed up. Turns out he was a Marine in advanced at Kingsville. Asks me what I want to select and I say helo's, helo's, and guess what helo's. His reply to that is the usual BS from the new jet guys about how if you don't want jets you don't want the best and you shouldn't even be in flight school with that attitude. Other than the fact that I just about punched him in the face for that comment I just told him that it sure must take a lot of guts to fly at 30,000 ft and push a button to drop a bomb while it doesn't take any guts to fly at 100 ft being shot at with everyone and their mother with AK-47's. That shut him up real quick. Whatever you want to fly is fine with me. All I've wanted to fly since I was about 10-12 years old was helo's. Each platform has a mission to do and it serves its purpose. That being said helo's kick ass and are the best.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
If someone who's been in the Marine Corps awhile wants to talk smack, he's got a right to and of course will get smack right back. If some kid who's still in school wants to say that jets are so much better he can go pack sand. It goes with the scariest words in the world: a lieutenant saying, "In my experience...."

Most individuals will mellow with age, much like a fine wine, or, if you're unlucky, like a crappy cheese. Even the hard-core jet pricks actually turn out to be pretty nice guys after a couple years, because a lot of them get slammed with a FAC tour and realize that the riding in a helo thing is actually pretty cool. Everyone tends to see things with a broader perspective after getting some experience. Combat arms types, for example, stop thinking of every other MOS as a bunch of P)(*&ies. We're all little cogs in the Big Green Gun Club. Koom-bay-freakin-yah.

FLMarine

Yeah, hearing "it's been in my experience" from another Lt always makes me laugh. It's just slightly more unerving than hearing a Major say, "I've been thinking." Lol. Most of my instructors are pretty cool people and most are relaxed. Almost everyone of them loves the platform they fly even if it wasn't their first choice. I'm right along with your opinon phrogdriver about that kid can go pound sand. He was of those inflated ego types who thinks just because he was 4 months ahead of me in primary he is somehow superior. Gotta love those types of people because they provide such great entertainment.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
FLMarine said:
I was having a couple of beers with the girls downstairs from my appartment a couple of weeks ago when one of their boyfriends showed up. Turns out he was a Marine in advanced at Kingsville. Asks me what I want to select and I say helo's, helo's, and guess what helo's. His reply to that is the usual BS from the new jet guys about how if you don't want jets you don't want the best and you shouldn't even be in flight school with that attitude. Other than the fact that I just about punched him in the face for that comment I just told him that it sure must take a lot of guts to fly at 30,000 ft and push a button to drop a bomb while it doesn't take any guts to fly at 100 ft being shot at with everyone and their mother with AK-47's. That shut him up real quick. Whatever you want to fly is fine with me. All I've wanted to fly since I was about 10-12 years old was helo's. Each platform has a mission to do and it serves its purpose. That being said helo's kick ass and are the best.
Masterfully put and some of us had the jet grades and still choose helo's. I always wanted to fly one since my uncle first took me up in his Bell-47. I also want to see the people I kill in the future I owe em that much. :icon_wink

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Yeah, I'm the same way, been dreaming of helo's since most of these guys have been dreaming of being Maverick. Being in the grunts definitely sold me on helo's. There were a few of "those guys" that FLMarine described in my Primary Sqrn. I always told them "To each their own".

Fatboy put it best when he said "Since when did flying helo's become uncool"

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
Patmack18 said:
I selected with Tow there, and I can attest that yes, he and some other guys had jet grades and had helo's first. I thought Tow there was gonna jump out of his skin when he found out....
Thanks Mack but I didn't have an 80.9! Congrats again I know you will be a great jet guy. :icon_wink

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
My biggest concern about coming hear was the inflated egos, but (insert humor) with my experience, I haven’t run into that yet. Everybody SNAs and IPs are cool as hell, although multiply whiting’s 4-horsemen by a factor of 10 for the average sim instructor here.
But since this is the platform smack talk forum. Let’s not forget about the Jet wannabe that was forced into helos because he had a sub 40 NSS. It wasn’t his fault after all, he was screwed with a bad-onwing, scheds played games and didn’t give him the right sim instructors, and then he didn’t get into the right squadron, which is why his grades sucked. He went to the academy and deserved Jets. E5B, I’m hinting somewhat specifically at someone – hopefully he will go C-130’s so neither one of us has to deal with that cat.
Just think, by the time you’re getting winged I’ll be getting out of FAMs.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
He's a lot better now. Primary was very humbling for him, even for an Engineering Deg Acadamy type.

onasty

Hey Big Worm, Congrats Again On Selecting The Hot Air Balloon, Those Instructors Must Be Rough Man, I Feel Ya.... Hey I Got A Question For Ya Worm, Whats The "ep" Procedure For A Flame Out For Your Hot Air Balloon??

BigWorm

Marine Aviator
pilot
onasty said:
Hey Big Worm, Congrats Again On Selecting The Hot Air Balloon, Those Instructors Must Be Rough Man, I Feel Ya.... Hey I Got A Question For Ya Worm, Whats The "ep" Procedure For A Flame Out For Your Hot Air Balloon??

At least we share the wealth of gouge in the bimp community. You're just another rice bowler that forgot to shave his paws. I thought you were raised on bread and ketchup, how the F@#% did you ever afford a computer and Internet access?
FYI, there is no procedure for the flameout - we try and keep flames away from hydrogen filled air ships.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
But if you ever go lost comm in the blimp, you can always use the big digital sign on the side!

Killer2

TRONS!
None
I wish I had the cash to get PRK then I would have way more opportunities to do what ever I wanted and not just 18s and EA6's back seat. Damn why didn't i listen to my mom when she said not to sit that close to the TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.