• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pizza Hut

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey Brett, you ever make it out to Moose's Tooth in Anchorage when on det at Elmendorf?

As a matter of fact, I have. That place has some great grub. A bit out of the way, if memory serves, but well worth it.

Brett

MasterBates

A regional chain I wish was nationwide is Papa Ginos.. Massholes and other New Englanders will know what I type about...

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A regional chain I wish was nationwide is Papa Ginos.. Massholes and other New Englanders will know what I type about...

Ahhhh yes, Papa Tomaine's...we had one of those in Braintree.

boobcheese

As far as small regional chains go, the Mellow Mushroom has some excellent pizza and an even better beer selection.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lillian's on Perdido Key was the best pizza I have ever had, and it appears from their webstie they are open after rebuilding (I think the original building was wiped out in one of the hurricanes). One of the main reasons I want to go back to P'cola......

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Someone has to know the name of the pizza joint on Okinawa with the great commercials...

"NO CORN"

Pags

N/A
pilot
As far as small regional chains go, the Mellow Mushroom has some excellent pizza and an even better beer selection.

I love me some mellow mushroom. I'm looking forward to my TAD to Pcola to be able to hit up Ozone (lillians was good stuff too, as was the New Yorker Deli).

Junior

pilot
All this talk about pizza and no one has even mentioned Chicago style? Giordano's, Gino's East, or the original Uno's are what you need to look for. The chain Uno's are disgusting, the original in downtown is legit. Anyone who visits the Chicago-land area and eats at a national chain should be shot.
Here in Meridian though, Nick & Al's is pretty good. I liked Tuscan Oven in Pensacola too.

KBayDog

All this talk about pizza and no one has even mentioned Chicago style?

That trash isn't pizza. You do not eat pizza with a fork and a knife. If it isn't at least 50% grease and you can't fold it in half (lengthwise) in order to eat it, it isn't pizza.

FWIW, the most authentic pizza I ever had (outside of the Five Boroughs, mind you) was the Boston North End pizzeria in Kailua.

schwarti

Contributor
There's a great place in Boston (Brighton, technically) called Presto Pizza. Definitely some of the best real New York style pizza I've ever had, including IN New York.

Junior

pilot
That trash isn't pizza. You do not eat pizza with a fork and a knife. If it isn't at least 50% grease and you can't fold it in half (lengthwise) in order to eat it, it isn't pizza.

FWIW, the most authentic pizza I ever had (outside of the Five Boroughs, mind you) was the Boston North End pizzeria in Kailua.
I love pizza that is full of grease also, but Chicago style is in another league. I guess we'll just agree to disagree.