• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot Training & Squadron Bars

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Must get a lot of use after they CANX a mission flight for the 15th time in a month... But what do I know, VP has the least cool squadron spaces since we basically hot rack our entire unit spaces every 12 months since there isn't enough hangar slots for each squadron on the flight line. Makes it impossible to establish a continuity of identity when you put everything in storage.

Pretty sure VQ-1 built a squadron bar ~20 or so years ago, it was there the last time I went through a while ago. They could do that though unlike out VP brethren because some portion of the squadron is always home.

PMPT

VFA-2 has an old school bus in Lemoore that's their squadron vehicle, and I believe VFMA-314 has a converted ambulance in Miramar.
VMFA 232 has a fire truck with hornet split tails welded on

VMFA 225 has a hearse but it seems to be of dubious provenance since it says 'Death dealers' but the squadron is the Vikings...

PMPT

also, to give a more recent report on TW2 and TW4, as well as a fleet marine corps sqdn...

TW4 - sort of a bar that only IPs used in VT-27. maybe similar deal in VT-28. studs basically did not partake. can't speak for VT-31 or -35.

TW2 - both VT-21 and VT-22 had 'heritage rooms' that were very small bars. beers were consumed in the ready room after hours or after a late flight. heritage room was opened up in fairly limited instances. the O club was actually pretty popular in kingsville but that was mostly because Kingsville as a town is an awful place and the command ingeniously paid some local young adult to ferry people to and from the O club back to their houses to prevent DUI shenanigans. King Kat was well and alive when I was there ~2 years ago.

seems about 50/50 whether squadrons have bars. my fleet squadron has a bar that's also a heritage room. the neighboring fleet squadron and frs do not. vmfat 101 has a pretty good bar and vmfa-314 at least used to, as I think did 232 and 323. can't speak for beaufort squadrons or iwakuni squadrons - never been. also no idea what helos or ospreys do, but haven't seen any in the HMH and VMM spaces i've been in.