• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PILOT/NFO/SWO Boards are now rolling

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
My OR said that typically he sent to MEPS before submission, but if I wanted to get into the Boards meeting before the end of the year, there wasn't time. Submitted my packet last Wednesday, and have my appointment with MEPS Monday morning at 0600.

I am in excellent health so I have no concerns about not "passing" MEPS.

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
The optimism just pours out from you guys! Haha

The appointments made. If something comes up and they need more information or something I'll get it for them quick as I can. Hopefully in time, but if not I'll wait (patient-ish) for the next round of boards and try again.

I appreciate all the insight from those more versed in the process than I!!

CTFly1

The appointments made. If something comes up and they need more information or something I'll get it for them quick as I can. Hopefully in time, but if not I'll wait (patient-ish) for the next round of boards and try again.

Pretty sure its a tumor. :)

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor

Volunteer nothing, don't speculate about any childhood issues that you don't have documentation for (Ie my mother said...)

exNavyOffRec

As we like to call "Doctor Mom"

Unless mom or dad is a doctor, and yes I have had that answer, kid said "my mom told me I had XXXX", I said, unless your mom is a Doc it isn't an official diagnosis", his response "my mom is a Doctor", me "well crap, I need documents"

Documents were provided that said "I diagnosed my son with XXXX, he has fully recovered from XXXX"

AaronJB

Dumb Ensign, VT-6
Well I endured my wonderful MEPS experience on the 23rd and they failed to administer a depth perception test to me. I am now waiting to hear back from my OR on what the next step will be. I am anxious to get this stuff with MEPS cleared so I can continue the process of getting my kit in ASAP. Is it common for MEPS to not administer a DP test? Are there any reasons they would not give the test other than simply forgetting?

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Well I endured my wonderful MEPS experience on the 23rd and they failed to administer a depth perception test to me. I am now waiting to hear back from my OR on what the next step will be. I am anxious to get this stuff with MEPS cleared so I can continue the process of getting my kit in ASAP. Is it common for MEPS to not administer a DP test? Are there any reasons they would not give the test other than simply forgetting?

I have seen them forget this test several times.

Spartan43

STEEEEEEEEEVE
None
Was your vision at least 20/40 for both eyes? That was the reasoning they gave me for not administering the DP test.

AaronJB

Dumb Ensign, VT-6
From what I understand I met the 20/40 requirement. My distant VA was 20/30 in both eyes and my near VA was 20/20 and 17/20 in each eye.

Last edited: