• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PILOT/NFO/SWO Boards are now rolling

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
That's right! Effectively immediate the Pilot/NFO/SWO boards are rolling boards, meaning once enough kits are in they'll be reviewed and results posted soon after.

For those applying get your kits in ASAP! Don't wait until it's too late! Now that these boards are rolling methinks Pilot/NFO/SWO will fill up sooner than later.

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
I turned in my packet last week for Supply/SWO/Intel! Thankful it's there and I no longer have to stress about deadlines! Now if I could only get into MEPS...

exNavyOffRec

Seems like they keep going back and forth on this, did they give a reason why? I do think you are right that spots will fill up sooner rather than later.

It seems though it is more like the way it was years ago that once they get enough kits they will review, the true "rolling boards" would review an application and give a Y or N no matter if it was one application or twenty.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I turned in my packet last week for Supply/SWO/Intel! Thankful it's there and I no longer have to stress about deadlines! Now if I could only get into MEPS...

You need to finish MEPS and be physically qualified before your kit can go to the board. This is a new requirement coming through CNRC.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Seems like they keep going back and forth on this, did they give a reason why? I do think you are right that spots will fill up sooner rather than later.

It seems though it is more like the way it was years ago that once they get enough kits they will review, the true "rolling boards" would review an application and give a Y or N no matter if it was one application or twenty.

No real reason on my end. Your guess is as good as mine.

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
Wow. I get so much conflicting information on this site that is causing a lot of unneeded stress. My recruiter says MEPS can happen after submission to board. NavyOffRec said the same thing not too long ago on the "December Board" Thread. Now you're both saying that's inaccurate and that even though my packet has already been submitted, and NRC has confirmed receipt, it's irrelevant if I haven't been through MEPS? I have submitted everything to MEPS just waiting for them to give me the green light to get an appointment. Apparently NRD Nashville is backlogged.

I'm really not trying to be difficult I just want to prepare myself incase the board meets any day and I get a "you haven't been to MEPS so tough shit" message :(

exNavyOffRec

Wow. I get so much conflicting information on this site that is causing a lot of unneeded stress. My recruiter says MEPS can happen after submission to board. NavyOffRec said the same thing not too long ago on the "December Board" Thread. Now you're both saying that's inaccurate and that even though my packet has already been submitted, and NRC has confirmed receipt, it's irrelevant if I haven't been through MEPS? I have submitted everything to MEPS just waiting for them to give me the green light to get an appointment. Apparently NRD Nashville is backlogged.

I'm really not trying to be difficult I just want to prepare myself incase the board meets any day and I get a "you haven't been to MEPS so tough shit" message :(

over a year ago they sent out a memo saying they were going to do this, then they pulled back and said "well...... you can still do it after" so it sounds as if they have decided to enforce what they put out back then.

Many things with the military are effective they day it comes out, I have had forms change while an application was in routing and had it kicked back for the form revision.

A$AP

None

You aren't alone-- my packet was submitted a couple of weeks ago but I haven't heard anything as far as receipt. My OR has been keeping me informed though, and MEPS is the next step. I get all twisted around too-- this board has great gouge and I have to tip my hat to all of the people who have answered my questions in the last few days (NavyOffRec especially); great support group here! Sometimes I stress myself out with the waiting game.

Anyways Mich, I think there are a lot of us in the same boat-- strength (and stress) in numbers I guess haha... gotta keep the faith! :)

mich313

Supply/SWO/Intel
Amen CFerg. The assistance and support this site has offered has been wonderful! Somebody posted on the December Board Thread that they've been Pro-Y SWO and is going to MEPS in two weeks. Idk I'm just gonna shrug my shoulders and roll with the punches! :rolleyes:

FormerRecruitingGuru

Submitting an kit before sending your applicant to MEPS is bad practice for an OR and very risky. When you get PROREC'd (Professionally Recommended), you generally have 60 days to finish up medical and JPAS/security clearance before you're officially selected into your respective programs. Being PROREC'd and not going to MEPS is risky, especially if additional appointments, documentation, or waivers are needed to finish your kit, which can take weeks to finish.

I've always submitted kits with a N3M letter or at least a completed physical to the processors.

exNavyOffRec

Submitting an kit before sending your applicant to MEPS is bad practice for an OR and very risky. When you get PROREC'd (Professionally Recommended), you generally have 60 days to finish up medical and JPAS/security clearance before you're officially selected into your respective programs. Being PROREC'd and not going to MEPS is risky, especially if additional appointments, documentation, or waivers are needed to finish your kit, which can take weeks to finish.

I've always submitted kits with a N3M letter or at least a completed physical to the processors.

When I started it was frowned upon to send a person to MEPS before they were Pro Y, myself I would physical the strong candidates and those that I knew had medical challenges, then when they started not having an issue sending people to MEPS I would get as many as I could done before submitting.