• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/NFO Board FY 19- May 14, 2019

LoLo

Clown
Hey Everyone,
long time lurker; first time poster.
Just looking to add to the running stats and pitch my background for perspective— Tips, thoughts, and criticism, are more than welcomed.

The Basics
SNA
Double Major: BS in Aeronautical Science and BS in Aviation Management
GPA: 3.4 (projected to be ~3.43 come graduation in May)
ASTB: 49 6/8/7

The Sprinkles on Top
  • Navy Prior Enlisted — Honorably Discharged as E-5 in 2015 (RE-R1)
    • Evals: 1P / 1 MP / 2 EP
  • Current Commercial and Instrument Rated Pilot with ~205 Hours.
  • Active [part-time] Employment with DOD Contractor

RLM18

Trying to make this board in time for SNA, have to get my eyes refracted 30 days from now before MEPS will see me because apparently my LASIK post-ops weren’t detailed enough. My recruiter seemed confident that we could still make the April 2 deadline. Stats below:

ASTB: 75 9/7/7
Degree: B.S. Aerospace Engineering
GPA: 3.38

Had a public intoxication fine in a foreign country three years ago so I’m hoping that doesn’t tank my chances. It looked like a few people on the previous board may have been docked for similar issues. Recruiter and I aren’t sure if it’ll require a waiver since there’s no documentation of the incident that I know of.

I already have my final secret clearance issued, don’t know if that helps at all.

GL fellas, roll tide.

Hopefully you were able to get this taken care of. I would have been on the last board if it hadn't been for this same thing happening to me.

RLM18

Just an FYI, looks like they changed this Aviation board date.
Says they will convene 24 April.
I'll attach the updated board schedule as well.

Great news. Too bad there's no way to estimate the amount of time between "PRO-REC", "FIN-SEL", and getting an OCS class date. Good luck to everyone getting their packages in.

Chris94

CWO selected
Will (Hopefully) be on this board. I was not selected on the last board, however my recruiter said that I could make the next board with improvements to my package and a letter to explain what I did to make myself better. I had heard there is a 6 month wait, so we will see.

SNA
GPA: 2.6 Marketing (It sucks I know. Started off in computer programming)
ASTB: 50 5/6/5

Will be retaking the ASTB and I am shooting for 50 7/7/7 or better to try and make the auto select around graduation in May.
Haha I started off in computer science, that lasted about 1 semester...

AROBLES93

Underdog
How did you find out about the updated board schedule? Did your OR send you this?
So there’s a website that gets updated faster than other websites. It’s from NRC (Navy Recruiting Command) N31 page for officer applications. Also, I don’t have a recruiter. I am active duty so I actually have to find information out for myself. Your recruiter should definitely have access

RightRudder

So there’s a website that gets updated faster than other websites. It’s from NRC (Navy Recruiting Command) N31 page for officer applications. Also, I don’t have a recruiter. I am active duty so I actually have to find information out for myself. Your recruiter should definitely have access
Well that’s good to know. I was just curious as I haven’t heard anything from my OR about the board date changing. I appreciate it!