• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/NFO Board FY 19- Feb. 5, 2019

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
A little backstory for everyone. Yes I have a high score/GPA; however, I did receive a drinking ticket and misdemeanor Assualt charge while in college ~2 years ago(both dismissed). This was my third attempt for the aviation board. My recommendation letters were from an O-6, O-4, and former boss. Also a 10 score interview with a current pilot.
My recruiter checked the notes where applications are uploaded and saw the president of the board was a no recommendation. Now that doesn’t mean I will not be selected once the official list is published but my hopes are not high.

Anything assault/drug/alcohol-related offense can usually sink someone's chances regardless of GPA/ASTB.

exNavyOffRec

My recruiter checked the notes where applications are uploaded and saw the president of the board was a no recommendation. Now that doesn’t mean I will not be selected once the official list is published but my hopes are not high.

I know that RUFIO has said there has been a few times where what was on the computer didn't match the official list, but it is rare, very very rare, we not once had that issue when I was an OR.

He is right, those charges can sink a person, were they dismissed because you didn't do it, or because you completed some requirements set forth by the court?

Cammack

I know that RUFIO has said there has been a few times where what was on the computer didn't match the official list, but it is rare, very very rare, we not once had that issue when I was an OR.

He is right, those charges can sink a person, were they dismissed because you didn't do it, or because you completed some requirements set forth by the court?
I walked into the courtroom and by the time I got to my seat my lawyer came up to me and said you're good to go the charge is dismissed.

And like you said, my OR said it will be very very rare if you somehow make it through now.
Personally, I think thats crap. it only matters how you move on and grow man. Dont let them keep you down. I cant tell you the number of O-4s and above who have crap on their record and are better men and women because of it. Learn from it and let it humble you thats all you can do.

Bruce_Almighty

One of the ensigns at the reserve unit here. His former CO was a tomcat driver. Took him six tries. Keep at it man, till there’s nothing else you can do. Between the Air Force and the navy this is my 4th go around.

Found out last Friday that I'm PROREC - Y for SNFO! Woohoo! Quick question though - does anyone know the likelihood of being put into the March 3rd OCS class if you haven't received your finsel yet? My recruiter is trying to get me in that class (I'm a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding on June 1st so hopefully don't get rolled back for anything if I do get that date...) but I'm not sure about the likelihood of getting that date when I haven't received my finsel yet. Do they fill them up based on when people receive their finsel? I couldn't find much info on that from other forums I've also been lurking on haha. Any help is much appreciated!

Found out last Friday that I'm PROREC - Y for SNFO! Woohoo! Quick question though - does anyone know the likelihood of being put into the March 3rd OCS class if you haven't received your finsel yet? My recruiter is trying to get me in that class (I'm a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding on June 1st so hopefully don't get rolled back for anything if I do get that date...) but I'm not sure about the likelihood of getting that date when I haven't received my finsel yet. Do they fill them up based on when people receive their finsel? I couldn't find much info on that from other forums I've also been lurking on haha. Any help is much appreciated!
I would love to get that class as well. From what I have seen, people have gotten their orders as late as a week before their OCS date, so you have plenty of time to receive your FINSEL.

I would love to get that class as well. From what I have seen, people have gotten their orders as late as a week before their OCS date, so you have plenty of time to receive your FINSEL.
Oh awesome, that would work out perfectly! Thanks so much.

Hope to see you/others in the March 3rd class there. Congrats to everyone on your selection!

gogged

Recruiter told me no official list yet but I had a presidential recommendation of no in my notes, so im not holding my breath for the official results.

If I recall correctly that's what my OR said too. No waivers or anything on my end, but I'm in the same boat waiting for the official results but expecting a PROREC-N.

hossaq

Given that nothing changes since you put your packet, how likely are you to be dropped after getting PROREC-Y?

How were you guys getting NAMI physicals instead of going to meps? They did your anthros and everything too?

I live in Pensacola and was able to do NAMI. It's the complete physical including anthros. Gotta say it's a huge relief reviewing your stuff with the PA at the end and him telling you you're good to go

flgator92

None
I live in Pensacola and was able to do NAMI. It's the complete physical including anthros. Gotta say it's a huge relief reviewing your stuff with the PA at the end and him telling you you're good to go

I was considering Marine OCS and OCC candidates (those already possessing a college degree) do their flight physicals at a Naval Air Station prior to OCS. I went to NAS Jax for mine where they did my physical, anthros, etc. They then send it to NAMI for final approval. It’s a nice relief knowing that I was already PQ’d for SNFO vice just going to MEPS.

I was considering Marine OCS and OCC candidates (those already possessing a college degree) do their flight physicals at a Naval Air Station prior to OCS. I went to NAS Jax for mine where they did my physical, anthros, etc. They then send it to NAMI for final approval. It’s a nice relief knowing that I was already PQ’d for SNFO vice just going to MEPS.

I failed the depth perception test years ago at MEPS when I enlisted, but I knew it was BS. The test at NAMI was completely different