• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/NFO Board FY 19- Feb. 5, 2019

bjjhelm

Just send it
I'm from Miami too but I'm enlisted in the reserves and my Command Career Counselor hasn't heard anything and doesn't know what's going on.

I called NRD Miami and spoke to the recruiters there and they couldn't help me besides telling me the board "close date" was pushed to the first week of February so we might not hear anything until late February? I have no idea what that means or if it's even correct.

C'moooon Miami. I called them yesterday too with no luck, only that they're not seeing official results. I've never heard of a "close date," wonder what that is. Good thing February is in 2 days

Timmyjimmy5

How were you guys getting NAMI physicals instead of going to meps? They did your anthros and everything too?

I did MEPS and NAMI. I had an issue so they sent me there & I just did everything to be sure I’ll be qualified for flight once I’m through with OCS.

Christa Robison

Anyone know if I can apply for Student Loan Forgiveness ? I was selected for SNA (Jan board) with all my flight training / Flight instructing certificate and degree...Hoping they will help replay some of it ...

browntown

Anyone know if I can apply for Student Loan Forgiveness ? I was selected for SNA (Jan board) with all my flight training / Flight instructing certificate and degree...Hoping they will help replay some of it ...

The Navy Loan Repayment program is for enlisted sailors only.

See here: http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/pages-nrc-...ayment Policy from COMNAVCRUITCOM 1130.8K.pdf

It also states that sailors currently in the program are disenrolled and future loan repayments are forfeited if they receive a commission.

For federal loan forgiveness, I believe you have to serve for 10 consecutive years on active duty (so time prior to OCS would not count) and make at least 120 payments to have your loans forgiven.

Timmyjimmy5

News from my OR is that because of the higher failure rate during the winter in Newport, they also base your OCS date off of where you live. Ex: selectees who live further up North will have the earlier date than those who live in the South because they adapt better during the colder weather, especially during the coldest time in Newport(which is now). Not sure how true it is, but just something I was told, could be wrong.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
News from my OR is that because of the higher failure rate during the winter in Newport, they also base your OCS date off of where you live. Ex: selectees who live further up North will have the earlier date than those who live in the South because they adapt better during the colder weather, especially during the coldest time in Newport(which is now). Not sure how true it is, but just something I was told, could be wrong.

Wait what?