• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/NFO Board FY 19- 13 Aug 2019

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Resist, Retaliate, Press Forward!
I almost forgot my stats. Here they are:

ASTB: 46/5/7/6
Applying: SNA/SNFO (Pro-Rec'd for SNA)
Major: Marketing Management, Cal Poly Pomona (Go, Broncos!)
Prior Service: Y
Sex: M
GPA: 2.71

bjjhelm

Just send it
Haven't checked into this thread yet (sat anxiously through the last two boards thinking my recruiter had submitted my packet and didn't, so I didn't want to put myself through that stress again) BUT, I found a new recruiter who finally did send my paperwork and I'm a Pro-Rec Y!

The kicker is I tore my hamstring/had surgery within the last two months, so I'm looking at 8-9 months of rehab before I'll be remotely close to passing a PT test. Recruiter seems to think they'll hold my spot until I can get medically re-cleared, so I'm crossing my fingers!

Reg-A-Muffin0716

Resist, Retaliate, Press Forward!
Haven't checked into this thread yet (sat anxiously through the last two boards thinking my recruiter had submitted my packet and didn't, so I didn't want to put myself through that stress again) BUT, I found a new recruiter who finally did send my paperwork and I'm a Pro-Rec Y!

The kicker is I tore my hamstring/had surgery within the last two months, so I'm looking at 8-9 months of rehab before I'll be remotely close to passing a PT test. Recruiter seems to think they'll hold my spot until I can get re-medically cleared, so I'm crossing my fingers!

You're not alone. Same thing happened to me with NRD L.A. (based on paperwork, that is), which prompted me to switch to NRD San Diego. Congrats on the selection.

Bravo22

Waiver is to get you seen by the board. You're comparing apples to oranges as to who reviews your waiver vs. who sees your application.

Thank you for your reply.

I understand what you’re saying. However, if a board has no intention of looking at an applicant with a waiver, shouldn’t the recruiters be made aware of that? It just seems that those who have had solid scores this board have been denied and a common denominator among all of those applicants is a legal waiver.

In your experience, is a legal waiver an automatically-disqualifying factor when it comes to a SNA/NFO packet? And if so, is that up to the PM? Or is that an Aviation standard?