• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pilot/NFO Board FY 19- 13 Aug 2019

swmonroe88

pilot
Pretty bizarre given his scores, and frustrating to say the least. I don't know how the board does it but perhaps they run through applications until they get the numbers they need and then call it a day? There were kind of an abnormally high amount of applicants this time around from what I've heard.
I'd be interested to see if @NavyOffRec and @RecruitingGuru have any thoughts on this or strategies to prevent it.

CLitz

Pro-Rec No, again...

ASTB: 53/6/8/6
GPA: 3.4
2 Legal Waivers...

I dont see the point in waivers if they're just going to hold you back in the long run.
It's like "Hey, we see you messed up but we'll give you waiver because we understand. But also, we're not going to pick you up because you have waivers... ya know those things we said we okay before? Well they're not anymore."

Bravo22

I dont see the point in waivers if they're just going to hold you back in the long run.
It's like "Hey, we see you messed up but we'll give you waiver because we understand. But also, we're not going to pick you up because you have waivers... ya know those things we said we okay before? Well they're not anymore."

I agree @CLitz - I am pulling for you to get selected...I also will have a waiver in my packet. People make mistakes. What's the point in a waiver if you still aren't going to consider the candidate?

bburbank

I am still waiting to hear back from this board but need my information added to the spreadsheet.

Applying SNA/NFO
ASTB: 56 7/7/7
GPA: 3.81
Major: Engineering Technology
Prior Service: No

exNavyOffRec

I'm just confused because people with altogether lower scores than you got ProRec Y for SNFO. If LORs and your statement dont matter, then its kind of arbitrary, and that's worrying.

Sometimes people just get overlooked, we had a SNA candidate with great scores and GPA get a "N" once and when I called as it was odd the PM himself was confused, ended up getting picked up at the next board.

rymo96

Pro-Rec Y—SNA

I was not selected in the April board. My recruiter and I felt my OAR and ASTB scores were good and it was not necessary to retake it. I was on the phone with my recruiter and his processor after the results of the April board and they were both confused about why I was not selected, and it is possible I was just overlooked. We felt there was enough change in my application that from the last board, so we did not wait 6 months or skip a board before resubmitting.

My stats need to be added to the Google Sheet:

Applied: SNA
ASTB: 60 8/8/7
GPA: 2.90
Major: Industrial Engineering
Sex: M

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Pro-Rec Y—SNA

I was not selected in the April board. My recruiter and I felt my OAR and ASTB scores were good and it was not necessary to retake it. I was on the phone with my recruiter and his processor after the results of the April board and they were both confused about why I was not selected, and it is possible I was just overlooked. We felt there was enough change in my application that from the last board, so we did not wait 6 months or skip a board before resubmitting.

My stats need to be added to the Google Sheet:

Applied: SNA
ASTB: 60 8/8/7
GPA: 2.90
Major: Industrial Engineering
Sex: M

You were either PROREC N, PROREC Y or simply your recruiter never submitted you for this April board.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I agree @CLitz - I am pulling for you to get selected...I also will have a waiver in my packet. People make mistakes. What's the point in a waiver if you still aren't going to consider the candidate?

Waiver is to get you seen by the board. You're comparing apples to oranges as to who reviews your waiver vs. who sees your application.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Yeah, my recruiter said he was surprised, too. It is what it is, though. I figured it would be like applying for college where it can be a bit of a crapshoot.

That said, I'll be reaching out to more people I have worked with or studied under while at university to snag two more LORs. Things got a bit tight time-wise toward the end of the quarter/application cycle, but it was my fault for letting an extra LOR slip through the crack. We'll go over my personal statement, too, and see if it needs some more work.

Ahhh, I did not know that; thanks for the gouge. Well, no worries, I'll hurry up and wait. XD

The two waivers and the low-ish ASTB scores probably sunk you.