• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PFT SCORES FOR OCS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

I just took my first PFT today. I knew I was going to fail because i've only been working out for about 2-3 weeks. I got a 171. The crunches were tough I thought. I'm hoping to get my score up to 250 in 1 month when I retake it.

I have a question for anyone who can help me. I need to lose fat. I'm only 5'6, I weighed 185lbs in january, and i'm now down to 150lbs or so just on cutting out some food (no working out). I still have quite a bit of fat on me though, and I'd like to lose it as fast as I can. I have (but have not taken) hydroxicut. I most definately don't want to lose muscle. Can I safely take this stuff just to lose fat? It is supposed to increase motabolism and with excersize, make you lose weight, but it doesn't say lose fat. Anyone that can help, please do.

I also don't eat very well. I eat very little about 4-5 times a day. But I drink at least a coke everyday. I can't taste much so food has to be sweet or salty for me to taste it, that's why I stick to the bad foods that I do. I don't add anything to food, but I eat a pop-tart in the morning for breakfast for example. That's very bad i would think. Is there a site that can tell me what I should eat, or give me a diet. I don't have time to count calories and stuff in the grocery store, so if anyone knows about a premade diet, please let me know.

Jeff

DBLang

PLC Candidate
Soda has a lot of calories, and calories get converted to fat. I try to keep my soda intake to a minimum, you dont have to give it up though. Just try not to drink it every day.

Same for carbs. Your body will convert things like pasta and bread into fat quickly and easily.

Just try to watch your calories, but remember you're going to need more when you PT every day so dont starve yourself.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Something that I do. I don't drink anything carbonated. First, it keeps me away from sodas that have calories and such in them. Secondly, the carbonation in soda drinks makes your side cramp when you do long runs. So you could kill two birds with one stone. My $.02 Whatever you do, just do more of it and you'll get better. Stay Moto! Good Luck.

HueyHornet75

pilot
doubledown,
your diet is everything, man. with fitness, everything is symbiotic. you eat well, you feel well, you feel well, you have energy and you want to pt, round and round we go. the more fit you are, the more you want healthy grub. your body is a highly efficient system that tells you what it needs. sometimes you have to steer it in the right direction (at first, then it will take over) i'm 5'6", 145 and don't have a whole lot of fat on me, so i don't know why you think 150 is fat. you burn the most calories with weight training, so if you haven't started that, give it a shot. going from 171 to 250 in a month is a stretch to me, but i'm sure it's possible. my biggest weakness at ocs was pullups, preship pft was a 254. first ocs pft was a perfect 225 (whew) that lack of sleep really hurts you the first few days. i told my platoon commander that i would increase that score to at least a 270 by the end....wound up with a 275. did pullups in the ladderwell at night. so, anything is possible, even at ocs. keep your eyes on the prize, but don't compromise your health in getting there. semper

DakUSMC

Hi Doubledown,

First of all, don't worry about the first PFT...it's always the worst one. Keep working and you'll definitely be able to get a 250. As far as losing fat, I think that should be your second priority behind improving your performance. The two pretty much go hand-in-hand obviously, but don't worry about OCS being a beauty contest or anything. Put another way: you'd be much better off as a 150 lb PT stud than a 130 lb (or whatever your ideal weight) weakling.
My personal opinion is that it is a lot better to exercise more and eat the same than it is to eat less and exercise the same. But for your diet, definitely switch from Coke to water. Just have a bottle of water around and force yourself to drink it instead of soda. It may take a few weeks, but you'll find yourself not even wanting soda. After that, you'll be motivated to use the same procedure to eliminate other junk foods that you're eating. I don't know anything about hydroxicut, but I don't think you need it. As long as you keep PT'ing, increasing your PFT score, and working on improving your diet, you'll be good to go.

Dak

AviatorMR239

yeah definately cut out the junk food. i recently changed my whole diet around. the goal originally was to gain mass, not fat, but lean body mass. now instead of trying to eat and work out for cosmetic bulk, i have changed my weight training to emphasize strength and endurance.

cut back on the carbs from breads, instead get them from starches. eat plenty of protien, i.e. chicken, fish, lean red meat.

hydroxycut won't solve your problems... true it helps speed up the metabolism, but you can't take it once you get to ocs. what it's for is guys who used to have a great physique but have packed on a beer gut. they already have a strong muscular body, just some chub over it. it won't take a chub and turn him into Ah-nold.

you are gonna stress your body enough as it is getting in shape. focus more on pratical goals like improving your run, and don't get caught up with what the scale says. girls have a habit of not being happy with themselves unless the scale says some number that in their minds is what an ideal girl should weigh. they might be 135 and smoking hot, but until they are 110 they will hate themselves. you aren't a chick so don't sweat the numbers man, the only numbers that are important are what make up your pft.

keep working hard, it'll pay off

lonelydriver

i also applying for the january 2004 ocs, and i currently have a 285 pft score, max out the pullup and situp, and 20:30 on the run, but my oso still think i'm too slow to apply, he want me to be able to run under sub-19 minuties time, which i think is very difficult to achieve. Anyway, good luck training your guys.

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
man, I have a month to kick my PFT score up 30 points, mainly in the pullups. it's kicking my arse trying to get there. 6 pull-ups in <4 weeks. hah. wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.