• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pentagon says ships harassed by Iran

BourneID

pilot
Part of the point Bourne is that guys with the wings, water or pilot/NFO, under their names are going to be a lot more aware of the ROE and the bigger picture involved in situations like this particular one. Plus, the vast majority of guys here don't know the full story and the more experienced ones are wisely saying that speculation about what actually happened will get you nowhere.

And as for the 'War on Terror', you don't see us fighting the FARC, the LTTE, Hezbollah or Hamas either. All terrorist organizations according to the US government.

What you can't see the US doing, or hear about the US doing, doesn't mean it isn't happening. I knew your point, however it wasn't spot on, just pointing that although it holds true for the majority without wings around here, just not everyone. And I was trying to be funny with my technicality about the War on Terror. Remember "SILENCE, I KILL YOU"

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Discussing ROE is like giving Bill Belichick your playbook (or him videotaping your practice)......therefore we do not do it. Things I did not see in the video....Air support, did anyone see a -60 there?

I was wondering that myself. Two of the ships were LAMPS ships, so I'm guessing there was at least one -60 airborne providing it's normal straights transit cover, and I'm guessing if things were as heated as written about, the AW was ready to go in the back.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
Things I did not see in the video....Air support, did anyone see a -60 there?

Thinking the same thing myself. But still, without the reported transmissions they made, it's not anything they haven't done before. Hell, I was surprised they weren't running between the ships (though usually it's just the smugglers doing that).

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
1) Our ships were readying to fire their weapons at the Iranians. That is what turned the Iranians around.
Even with the best gyro-stabilized binoculars, I challenge anyone to show me the difference between a condition 3 crew-served weapon and one in condition 1 from 200+ yards. I bet they just got bored.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Even with the best gyro-stabilized binoculars, I challenge anyone to show me the difference between a condition 3 crew-served weapon and one in condition 1 from 200+ yards. I bet they just got bored.

Enough for them to take notice.

loadtoad

pilot
Contributor
Regarding firing or not firing at the boats : What do you think happened the first time a Russian bomber overflew a U.S. Carrier? What would have happened if the skipper gave the order to take them out?

I bet that was about as exciting as being a SWO can get!
"No shit there I was..."

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe not now...but welcome back to the late 1980s....

Will I start seeing these again?

ffe_d3_1.jpg

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
As with most things force protection, perception is reality.