• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Paths to Naval Special Warfare (SEAL)

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I know this is going waaaaay back, but referencing post #9 on page 1.

We had a bit of a unicorn at my last unit. Guy was attending another service academy and they had a program where cadets could attend BUD/S, if you made it through you had to decide if you were going to return to your former branch or sign with the Navy. Needless to say, he completed BUD/S and then signed with the Navy. I think it was a very short-lived program that is no longer around.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor

We had a bit of a unicorn at my last unit. Guy was attending another service academy and they had a program where cadets could attend BUD/S, if you made it through you had to decide if you were going to return to your former branch or sign with the Navy. Needless to say, he completed BUD/S and then signed with the Navy. I think it was a very short-lived program that is no longer around.
That’s interesting, how old was this dude?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

The occasional recon Marine used to attend..heck even the Coasties sent some guys!

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The occasional recon Marine used to attend..heck even the Coasties sent some guys!

The Coasties sent at least 6 guys through the full SEAL training and at least 3 made it. From what I know they went to the teams for a tour then went on to Coast Guard special ops units.

I worked with a few Coasties who knew the folks that went through the program and they said the main reason for the folks to go through it was to build up expertise for Coast Guard’s special ops.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
The Coasties sent at least 6 guys through the full SEAL training and at least 3 made it. From what I know they went to the teams for a tour then went on to Coast Guard special ops units.

I worked with a few Coasties who knew the folks that went through the program and they said the main reason for the folks to go through it was to build up expertise for Coast Guard’s special ops.
True. I think they now go through the USMC Tactical Operator Course or have aligned the service with that course.Those who do it are experts at ship boarding assaults and such. I understand they train a lot with MARSOC and the teams.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor

The guys who made it through all went to help establish the Coast Guard's MSRT unit: https://www.americanspecialops.com/coast-guard/msrt/. They are stationed out of Naval Support Activity Hampton Roads Northwest Annex in Moyock, NC.

True. I think they now go through the USMC Tactical Operator Course or have aligned the service with that course.Those who do it are experts at ship boarding assaults and such. I understand they train a lot with MARSOC and the teams.
The new course is run out of MSRT HQ. They're good dudes and get the shit kicked out of them just like any other high speed, low drag unit does. I've worked with MSRT dudes a few times and have been impressed with them and their abilities/professionalism.