• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Parts Incorporated in a Flight Suit

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Has the Navy integrated CEP's into all their helmets yet?
I dunno what the 'young fellas' have today ... but I had CEP's integrated into all my helmets. @ a 40' raked-range ironsight lifetime 'integration' :) ... @25' A-4 and @ < 50' A-6 ... the A4 being the better 'dive-bomber' of the two.

target.jpg

I know, I know ... your 'CEP' is probably referring to somethin' else ... I couldn't resist (actually ... I probably could have) ... but whatever you're referring to ... /threadjack. :)

Lawman

None
CEP's. IE combo earplugs and microphones. Ive yet to go spend the money on a set of custom ear molds since the regulars cause me a great deal of pain so Im still using foamys.

CEP%20with%20eartips.jpg

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
CEP's were basically a mandatory item in the T-45 since our radios were so bad, but I can't speak to the fleet

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
^^Rhino radios are pretty easy to understand without CEPs, so I'd assume legacy radios are similar. Some days, I have no idea how ATC knew what we said in the -45.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
My guess is one of those sea stories that gets exaggerated over time...
Your 'guess' would be wrong. Totally 'centered', totally 'rational', totally 'had to be done'.

Sorry, Bunky ...

It's been posted on this august website in the past ... sooooooooo ... as we say to all the 'unwashed' ... ''please use the 'search function'' ... :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: