• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-8 Selection

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
One of my sim instructors in Corpus was telling me a story of how he was a new 3P walking into the flight station during an overnight flight and found the PPC, 2P and FE all passed out with the autopilot on. It was a pretty funny story, especially the way he told it.

Sheeeeeet. I'd pass out if I found an actual, 5.0 working autopilot. That never happens.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Did you guys have the digital autopilot? I've actually seen work more than not, but I agree it's always a pleasant surprise. Some of our birds can even couple to the GPS, I don't know if you had that option though.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
One bird. Flew it once at home...Everything else was the ASW-I don't want to work anymore or the PB-20 probably didn't work anyway.

EWU12

"That's a true fact"
pilot
Contributor
I got anthro'd out of F/A-37 Talons and Graf Zeppelins... so P-8 is now the top of my dream sheet

EWU12

"That's a true fact"
pilot
Contributor
39.5"+ sitting height makes you a land-based sailor... but the P-8 that came to Sherman last month for static display was too cool. $220M of whiz-bang digital badassness*.

*As a new Ensign, I have not the foggiest f*** of what any of it does or the mission it goes on.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
$220M of whiz-bang digital badassness*.

*As a new Ensign, I have not the foggiest f*** of what any of it does or the mission it goes on.

*Very astute, you're gonna go far!

"Digital badassness" ...you've coined a new NavAv term. More applicable to the Rhino, rather than the Poseidon tho' ...;)
BzB

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
...or heading select...and don't even try to couple it to the FMS.

So did we ever get an answer to the original question? Are SNAs selecting P-8 out of Primary or are they selecting out of advanced? Or do they find out when they get to VP-30?

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
NFOs apparently are getting selected after UMFO phase at 30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD