• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

P-8 Selection

Angry

NFO in Jax
None
NFOs apparently are getting selected after UMFO phase at 30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm going through UMFO right now - everyone begins as a P-3 student and there are designated number of P-8 slots for each class. The number changes with each class - mine has zero, others have a few. Once you've gone through all your academic tests and NT's you can possibly be reassigned based on grades, an interview, etc.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
I'm going through UMFO right now - everyone begins as a P-3 student and there are designated number of P-8 slots for each class. The number changes with each class - mine has zero, others have a few. Once you've gone through all your academic tests and NT's you can possibly be reassigned based on grades, an interview, etc.

HA HA HA...

An interview? What kind of questions do they ask you?

"Tell me why we should make you an ASSTAC..."

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
^^^ formerly known as "SNFO" (student NFO) and hopefully sometime again in the future.

For a while SNA was changed to SMA too. Not sure whose panties got in a bunch that the word "naval" had to be replaced by "military..." way above my head :rolleyes:

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
For a while SNA was changed to SMA too. Not sure whose panties got in a bunch that the word "naval" had to be replaced by "military..." way above my head :rolleyes:
The culprit... Jointness Czar.:rolleyes:
BzB

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Radio discipline, or lack thereof, does not have to be a community centric issue! I'm trying to blaze a new trail, one free of 'ums, at this times, how copies, and interrogatives."
A worthy cause. May your efforts not fall on deaf ears.

MasterBates

That "...And" shit is contagious..

Never did it in 2000 hours of flying from Civ to VTs to HTs to RAG.. Flew with a HAC who did it.. Next thing you know the 2Ps are doing it to mock him, then we're doing it without realizing it.

Had a 3P fresh out of the RAG in VAW, who started that shit.. I hit him with the checklist every time he did it. Which was comical when flying FCLPS.

(non flying pilot in hummers does the traffic radios.. flying pilot is on squadron tac)

3p "Aaand 601, Abeam, Gear, 11.8, Bates"
THWAP.
MB "Stop that shit"
3P "nd 601 Hawkeye Ball, Heavy, Bates"
THWAP.
MB "Stop that shit, and that's why you have your energy state fixed on the start"
3p "Why"
MB "So you can smack 2Ps who make you sound like a fool at the boat and still get an OK"