• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orion Obsession; giving it up for the mighty P-3C

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Yah. There is a real one of an e-handle that is pulled out with a purse on it. It's a bit older than that one and the female pilot is an LT, IIRC.

VPNAVY

Fly Navy!
Contributor
A shipmate contributed this photograph to my site: "...VP-5 aircraft taken from underwater off the end of the runway at NAS Bermuda... Got it from Cris Evans who might have been the CO at the time. Believe the picture was taken in the late '70s..." Contributed by Doug Juhl [05MAR98]

I can't remember if it was taken off of Rosey or Bermuda. I got a print of it back in the early 1980s from a friend in a Jax squadron who was in the same crew as the guy who took it. I posted a scan of it in the constatnly changin picture thread once upon a time but here it is again.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Wait wait wait, there was an NAS Bermuda? How did we let that one close down with BRAC?

Flugelman

Contributor
Wait wait wait, there was an NAS Bermuda? How did we let that one close down with BRAC?

Sure was. Usta go there on project SMILS flights with VX-1 and had orders in hand for VP-26, who was deployed there at the time. I would have joined them in November. She Who Must Be Obeyed said "Ain't gonna happen, sailor. This California Gal don't do Brunswick winter weather whilst you live it up in Bermuda!"
Got the orders changed to Adv B school with follow on to Hawaii.

The White Horse Pub in St Georges had the best fish and chips and was just down the street from the B&B we stayed at. Good times...

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
"And now, from left to right is the P-3 ORION...demonstrating the three engine landing!"

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A partially completed oil on canvass work in progress.....

30308510150776455935066.jpg

Pete's link