• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders to TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevew

Frogfly, take it easy. I'm sure he is not the only one who has felt that he has gotten "the run around" from his recruiter. I know I have and I know many others who have as well. Recruiters have to deal with a lot of applications and many questions often come up of which they may not always have the answers to. People come to this forum to find things their recruiters may not know or may be misinformed about. For me personally on much more than one occasion I had this happen and I went back to my recruiter with the correct information and he was thankful for it, even though it was wrong. Recruiters don't always have all the answers and may be misinformed themselves sometimes. Besides in this particular case, from what I'm told IFS/FIP before TBS is a relatively new thing, although I can't verify that.

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
No need to try and cool my heels. Like I said, no flame intended. I don't discourage anyone from collecting information from this site. In fact, I actually do the opposite. However, this just struck me as a little odd that someone would feel like they could be getting screwed as a first reaction to a little misunderstanding. I would think that after just recently going through the application process, you would have a good idea as to whether the recruiter is trying to screw you. My question was, "Is this how you feel at this point?" I just find that a little disturbing. But, that doesn't mean I have hard feelings over it.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
Dustball,
I'm getting commissioned on May 15. My grandfather (retired Navy Captain) is going to be doing the commissioning, I can't wait. I'm almost done with my flying. Did a cross country today, just a short 2 hour trip to another airport, but it was fun. I think I'm going to shoot for my private pilot's license over the summer. As for TBS, I don't know yet. I'm either going in September or November, I should get my tentative date in the next few weeks. BTW, congrats on the commissioning!

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
ANYWAY, I did the FIP in May of 2002 and I can tell you what I remember. I was never told that I had to solo in "X" amount of hours or have a CCX and a solo CCX. As a matter of fact I didn't even do a cross country and nothing was said about it. I was hoping I would get the experience of a CCX but everytime I showed up my instructor had me do "solo pattern work", then next thing I knew I only had a few hours left. No biggie, it was still fun. Learned a lot too. If the FIP is still offered, go for it, it's a heck of a deal. I knew guys that did the FIP and then get commissioned, go to TBS THEN do IFS. By the end of TBS I was ready to start training so I didn't volunteer for IFS, although I hear Lt's don't have a choice now.

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
FrogFly,
I apologize for the misunderstanding. I never intended to persuade anyone of thinking I was getting screwed over by the OSO. My OSO has done a great job at getting all of us as prepared as he feels we should be. I had just re-read over some old posts, and there is a lot of stuff said about the difference between FIP and IFS, but not much clarity. In response to if this is the way I feel right now, no way. OCS is in 24 days, and I'm ready to get it rolling. Thanks for the insight guys, and I apologize again for any hard feelings there may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.