• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders to TBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mymarineman

Heading out west
Just wondering if there was another way to check up on orders to TBS other than recruiting officer? I know active duty air force, and army can look up orders on a website and was just wondering if the USMC had a similar system that we could look at?

Thanks - vonnie :)

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
I don't think so. (I don't know for certain) but I have been hounding my OSO office for weeks about mine and they have never eluded to the fact that it might be the case. I think that they would have because I was calling all the time and bugging them about it.
If anyone does know, it would be nice to know myself.

Dustball

2nd LT
I wouln't hold my breath. I got commissioned 2 weeks ago and only received my tentative report date which was Sept 2. From what I've heard they don't cut you your official orders until about 30 days prior to report date. The word is all PLC summer 04 commissions are being assigned to Fox or Alpha. Are you commissioned yet? If you havn't been commissioned don't even worry about your orders to TBS they won't be processed until your commissioning paperwork clears HQ Marine Corps and even then they will only assign a tentative date which is by no means final. They could send you sooner or later depending on you situation. You will definitly know your tentative report date when you get commissioned because its all on the same paperwork.

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
I haven't been commissioned yet and they have recieved my tentative date. They may choose not to tell you that until your commissioned, but I don't know why that would be. As soon as they get your request for appointment paper work back it should have a tentative date. But it is true that you will not get your orders until aprx. 30 days prior to report. And it is tentative, if they have a slot and your number comes up, your going. I have heard of them giving only a week or two notice sometimes.

Dustball

2nd LT
Yea, I got my tentative date about 4 weeks before commissioning. As far as getting a early TBS slot before your tentative date I heard that they just go by commissioning date, if they have a slot they get the most senior guy waiting for a TBS slot and tell him/her "Oh by the way you need to report to TBS next week.

usmcwife3

Hey Vonnie! Before my dh was commissioned his OSO told him he probably had a 3 mos. wait. He got his orders 2 weeks after he was commissioned and had to report in 2 1/2 weeks for IFS. I don't think you can know for sure until your holding the orders!

rahall79

Makes sense. I was told by my OSO; if you have over a month wait for TBS, they usually send you to IFS first. (if you are an AIR contract, obviously)

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
So am I getting the run-around when my OSO tells me that I'll get flight time my last semester of school, and after PLC srs? Thats what I was told.

Rainman

pilot
I don't think so.. that's how it was when I did it. After seniors (or combined) you could get your 25 civilian hours.

semperfi1812

Alpha Co '04
EA-6B1 said:
So am I getting the run-around when my OSO tells me that I'll get flight time my last semester of school, and after PLC srs? Thats what I was told.

There is a difference. Your OSO is telling you about FIP. Flight Indoc. Program. IFS, is for those who haven't completed FIP. So he is telling you right. At some point you will have to go through some flight training, either during or after school.

PSno23

GEAUX TIGERS
pilot
Anybody know exactly how the FIP works? I'm doing it right now, but I'm still unclear on some things. Do I have to complete all 25 hours? Or will I be okay doing a Solo and a Cross-Country, but not all 25 hours?

Dustball

2nd LT
PSno23: I was told you just have to complete your solo within 25 hours I don't think you have to fly all 25 hours if you finish early but why not its free flight time. Commissioning is this week for you isn't it? It's definitly a memorable experience. Did you get your tentative TBS date yet? I'm still not sure if they are going to make me take IFS this summer. I have about 50 hours dual and 10 hours of solo time but its spread out over about 4 years and I have not done a solo cross country before only solo's to and from local FBO's. Anyone know the word on flight time and IFS?

FrogFly

Knibb High Football Rules!
EA-6B1 said:

I'm not trying to flame you, but this post bothers me. Why would you expect to be "run-around" by your OSO? Haven't you been selected to attend OCS this summer? Do you feel like you've been "run-around" during the application process? I understand that you may be confused as to when these 25 flight hours are to be taken (i.e. - during college or before classing up for TBS?), but try not to take it as being "run-around" by the Marine Corps.

Status
Not open for further replies.