• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders Requested - STA-21

erelislt

Is anybody else having a hard time signing in to the status page? I keep getting a ridiculous looking error message.

Yes, this error is a daily thing ... I am not sure for its reason, but I guess it appears when the site is being updated. If someone knows more, please let us know.

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
I am still waiting, but my degree plan just got accepted today, so it should not be much longer. I start checking out of here on the 7th, so hopefully I will have them by then.

I see you're in Charleston, so am I. How are you starting your checkout without orders? Where do you work and what did you get picked up for? I'm supposed to be taking house hunting leave in 2 weeks, which will be difficult without orders.

ELT(SS)

I see you're in Charleston, so am I. How are you starting your checkout without orders? Where do you work and what did you get picked up for? I'm supposed to be taking house hunting leave in 2 weeks, which will be difficult without orders.

I am at NPTU which is pretty sweet as you either know or remember. I just said F-it and took a month of regular leave. I start checking out the 7th with my as of yet non-existant orders. If I don't have them I will just take leave until I get them.
Oh yeah, I got picked up Core

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
I'm still waiting orders, even though I've been totally completed since November 13th. I thought I was going to be on the first batch that went to Millington. I just sent an email out, maybe I'm just not updated. I dunno? This puts a pretty tight time crunch on getting re-enlisted,checking out and getting things in order. I bet all of you know what I'm referring to. Anyway, Happy New Years!!

EM1

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
I'm still waiting orders, even though I've been totally completed since November 13th. I thought I was going to be on the first batch that went to Millington. I just sent an email out, maybe I'm just not updated. I dunno? This puts a pretty tight time crunch on getting re-enlisted,checking out and getting things in order. I bet all of you know what I'm referring to. Anyway, Happy New Years!!

EM1

Damn, that is crazy! I had all my physical stuff done the 16th of November, but the FS forgot to sign the printed copy in 2 places I spent the next 3 weeks tracking him down from 125 miles away (no FS on my base) to get the paperwork signed so I could submit it. My info was sent to BUMED the 5th of Dec, and I'm staill awaiting NOMI review (it has been with them since the 18th of Dec). I will be screwed if I end up in the same boat as you waiting that long for orders. Have your orders been requested? I told my command that I was going to start my checkout on the 21st of Jan, and that I was planning on taking house hunting leave Jan 11-20, I may have to pull some strings to get TAD orders for house hunting without orders in hand. Granted I have a couple weeks before that, but I would need to have orders requested by tomorrow to have a shot at having orders by Jan 11th.

LoneSailor

I'm still waiting on verification that my orders have been requested. I'm getting somewhat worried that I won't have enough time to do my check outs and send my car to shipping. Hopefully I hear something early next month at the least

ELT(SS)

Does anybody have orders in hand, and if so what was the time between having them requested and the time we get the actual orders

F14Flier7

EM1

We seem to all be on the same boat (lol what a great pun.... :banghead_) My command is just making preperations for me to make deployment with them until they have "OFFICIAL ORDERS"; talk about the great shaft... I hope to the big man upstairs that the orders pop a LOT earlier then Feb or I just may be on my way across the pond. Wouldn't that be an interesting situation. lol I've heard a LOT of the NROTC STA-21 OCs complaining about the order process... I wonder if there is anyone we can call at personnel to speed up the writting or just be able to check the status.

Typically how long does it take to write PCS orders? I haven't ever had to request for orders, I would assume it would be the same type of process.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
We seem to all be on the same boat (lol what a great pun.... :banghead_) I hope to the big man upstairs that the orders pop a LOT earlier! Wouldn't that be an interesting situation. lol I've heard a LOT of the NROTC STA-21 OCs complaining about the order process... I wonder if there is anyone we can call at personnel to speed up the writting or just be able to check the status.

Typically how long does it take to write PCS orders? I haven't ever had to request for orders, I would assume it would be the same type of process.

First off, edit your post and remove any and all info about your deployment because that's a HUGE OPSEC violation right there!

As for the time to receive orders, I have heard that it takes 10 working days from the time the request is received to the time the orders are actually issued. So figure that those who had their orders requested on December 18th should see them some time between now and the end of the first week of January (I'm alloting delay time due to holiday stand downs and leave).

haubby

None
Contributor
Not much any of us can do but wait. I know it sucks but patience is key. If your command does not understand that you will be reporting to NSI/BOOST on the prescribed dates show them the letter you received stating that exact information. I'm sure that will help make them believe. I expect to transfer 1Feb and burn up my leave till I report to BOOST. The sooner I leave my current command the better. No one person can speed up the process by calling BUPERS or STA-21 and inquiring as to why orders are not released yet. Is the process a little flawed, perhaps, but I'm sure there is a reason why it is the way it is.

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
Not much any of us can do but wait. I know it sucks but patience is key. If your command does not understand that you will be reporting to NSI/BOOST on the prescribed dates show them the letter you received stating that exact information. I'm sure that will help make them believe. I expect to transfer 1Feb and burn up my leave till I report to BOOST. The sooner I leave my current command the better. No one person can speed up the process by calling BUPERS or STA-21 and inquiring as to why orders are not released yet. Is the process a little flawed, perhaps, but I'm sure there is a reason why it is the way it is.

What if you haven't received the letter yet. My status shows that I'm awaiting orders but I still haven't received any letters from STA-21 about my start date. All the info I have is from the website itself. Is anyone else in the same situation?

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
haubby said:
No one person can speed up the process by calling BUPERS or STA-21 and inquiring as to why orders are not released yet. Is the process a little flawed, perhaps, but I'm sure there is a reason why it is the way it is.
True, but when they have "accidentally" left you off a list OR "Misplaced" some of your paperwork, then I take it into my own hands to follow up and make sure I didn't get lost in the shuffle. Especially when I was one of the first few of us to be completed.

EM1

haubby

None
Contributor
True, but when they have "accidentally" left you off a list OR "Misplaced" some of your paperwork, then I take it into my own hands to follow up and make sure I didn't get lost in the shuffle. Especially when I was one of the first few of us to be completed.

EM1

I was referring to once the orders have already been requested. If paperwork has been misplaced which impedes STA-21 from requesting your orders then yes, I would definitely be calling and pulling the string.