• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders Requested - STA-21

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
Still no orders requested :( Anyone else in same boat? Hopefully by the end of this week it will be requested.

I'm in the same boat, but then again I'm still awaiting Nomi review. I would really love to have orders prior to the 1st of the year as I need them to take my "free" house hunting leave the 2nd week in Jan. Is anyone else attending University of Michigan or Eastern Michigan University?

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
House Hunting Leave, I never thought of that... Great Idea. I just got down to Newport News in June and am already leaving. Thanks for the idea

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I found U of M to be too expensive per semester. As a die hard Wolverine Fan I would have liked to. I don't think I could have ever talked my wife into it, she graduated from Michigan State. How much is Eastern?

k_smittay

I need them to take my "free" house hunting leave the 2nd week in Jan.

My command is allowing me to take 2 weeks HARP duty followed by 2 weeks regular leave mid-January to relocate my family back to the east coast and start looking for a house in Colorado.

68 Chevelle

I found U of M to be too expensive per semester. As a die hard Wolverine Fan I would have liked to. I don't think I could have ever talked my wife into it, she graduated from Michigan State. How much is Eastern?

Eastern is very inexpensive, my 10k should easily cover everything there. Their admission policy also states if you're enlisted/ prior enlisted that you WILL be accepted, I'm sure you could rush through an acceptance letter if you wanted to, Shafton in the military service office is very nice and extremely helpful.

68 Chevelle

My command is allowing me to take 2 weeks HARP duty followed by 2 weeks regular leave mid-January to relocate my family back to the east coast and start looking for a house in Colorado.

How does the HARP duty thing work? I might have to look into that, I remember RAP duty after bootcamp, that was cake. I'm all about maximizing my time off between commands.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
How does the HARP duty thing work? I might have to look into that, I remember RAP duty after bootcamp, that was cake. I'm all about maximizing my time off between commands.

You just have to call the recruiting station you want to do HARP duty at and make the arrangement with them to serve out your HARP duty at their station. Then your command admin office will issue you no cost temporary orders to that station and the Recruiter in charge at the station has to stamp and sign them to legitimize it at the end of the 2 weeks.

68 Chevelle

I will have to talk to the recruiters in my home town about this to see how flexible they are. It would save me 14 days of leave in transit to NSI. That brings up the issue of wether or not that even matters though, since i will have 3 years of using little to no leave anyway. On a completely unrelated matter, does anyone have any idea what NOMI/NAMI work days look like for the upcoming holidays? I had the unfortunate timing of my paperwork arriving there the 18th of Dec, now X-mas eve is monday, tuesday is x-mas, blah, I'm seriously doubting if abyone will be in at all until atleast thursday, if at all next week. To be honest I would be suprised if anyone will even look at any physicals until probably the 2nd of Jan. What do you guys think?

LoneSailor

Anyone up for Chief while they're at school? I'll be up for it, I'm taking the LPO Course this January. For those of you that are going to be up for it, I would advise you to take the course since it's a requirement to take the Chiefs exam.

Also, does anyone know if the Navy will pay to ship my car to the mainland when I PCS to RI?

68 Chevelle

Anyone up for Chief while they're at school? I'll be up for it, I'm taking the LPO Course this January. For those of you that are going to be up for it, I would advise you to take the course since it's a requirement to take the Chiefs exam.

Also, does anyone know if the Navy will pay to ship my car to the mainland when I PCS to RI?

I will be elligible for E-7 while I'm in school. As far as the car they should ship 1 pov to the mainland for you, motorcycles ship as hhg.

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
I'll be up for Chief as well. I have already done the LPO course. Being at a precom they look for stuff to send you to. I would caution you about HARP. Some people are really cool at those stations. Others will make you work all day every day. If you want vacation, you can't count on it doing that. I guess just make you sure you get in contact with them to see their expectations.