• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders Requested - STA-21

erelislt

I reenlisted for 6 yrs and now my EAOS is JAN 2014, but orders ask for it to be FEB 2014. Is anyone else in the same boat as me? Is it ok if it's JAN 2014? Any suggestions? Thanks.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I reenlisted for 6 yrs and now my EAOS is JAN 2014, but orders ask for it to be FEB 2014. Is anyone else in the same boat as me? Is it ok if it's JAN 2014? Any suggestions? Thanks.
Well if your transfer clerk at PSD does there job correctly they won't let you leave without signing an extension that will give you the correct amount of OBLISERV time per your orders. But there is a chance they won't pay attention to the exact dates and you could just slip through the cracks. Anyhow I wouldn't worry about it. If they make you sign one then you're good if not then who cares. The clerk is the only one to blame at that point.

Licarias

Lucky3,

As far as them making you take a CTE before transferring I have kind of a funny story bout that. I was an instructor on the 626 in Charleston a couple years ago and was friends with an MM1 Tony Weeks, someone else on here might know him. The guy applied for Blue to Green to be a CWO in the army and fly helicopters. His crew, the CCC, and the command all told him he was not allowed to do it but he applied anyway. There was nothing in writing anywhere saying he couldnt apply just the old Nukes need not apply theory. He got selected and the command actually fought it. Heres a guy who wants to do something different with his life, gets selected for it and instead of his command patting him on the back they try and take it away. Well it turns out a command cant over turn a commision opportunity regardless of branch of service. Short story long the last week this guy is attached to the boat they force him to take a CTE in order to check out. Then they tell him if he fails it he will have to come in over his four day (he was on T-week) to do study hours. Heres a guy who isnt even staying in the Navy, and they are trying to make him take it. He took the test and drew stick figures of army men attacking each other and helicopters blowing up buildings on every page. He had to go talk to the XO bout that one, they threatened him with mast but they eventually just let him check out.

Sorry bout the length but I think for all us Nukes its an entertaining look into what we have come to expect.

-Tony

CTT1 D

ENS D

I had the same thing happen today at PSD. After bringing it to their attention it took all of two minutes to print up an extension to cover the one month difference. Good Luck.

Doran

SuccessStory

FY08 STA-21 SNFO SELECT
Tim,
No actually I am in St Louis Mo right now, and I am going to fly out of here to RI. I looked into making the drive all the way to SC then flying up to RI but the flights were more expensive and we arent looking to buy a house until this summer. I am originally from St Louis so I am staying free with family here which is nice. Man I think you speak for all nukes when you say you are waiting to see what will screw you next. It really is such a shame that we all have that same attitude, but I guess there is a reason for it. I do think though that for the first time in our careers, it is time to let a long sigh and for those of us not returning to the dark side, put that mentality behind us.

Tony

MAN! I find it that my words are taken the wrong way on here alot but dude you REALLY just summed up my thoughts to a T.

donmagicjuan

Don't. Bite. Your friends!
pilot
To save some money, when you buy the wash khakis only open one package to wear. The other you can return after NSI and get your money back. You won't wear them at college. . .
This depends on your school/CO. Under my first CO, we wore wash khakis once or twice a quarter, but his replacement did away with it altogether. It was pretty nice being able to wear a backpack on both shoulders in uniform around campus, though. Even still, one pair would probably be enough to get you through. Good advice. :thumbup_1

P.S. All the nuke talk is almost making me miss being back there. . . oh wait a minute.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
This depends on your school/CO. Under my first CO, we wore wash khakis once or twice a quarter, but his replacement did away with it altogether. It was pretty nice being able to wear a backpack on both shoulders in uniform around campus, though. Even still, one pair would probably be enough to get you through. Good advice. :thumbup_1
Depending on the school you go to it could be really good advice, because that's most likely the only place you'll wear them. If you are going pilot you'll probably be wearing a flight suit most of your days and even if you aren't I'm sure the digi's will be out before most of you even graduate; even with the new delays rolling them out.

P.S. All the nuke talk is almost making me miss being back there. . . oh wait a minute.
You have no idea how bad it's gotten even since you left. Turn your back and don't ever look back :D

LoneSailor

For single sailors, how are you getting your house hold goods shipped? I just scheduled my stuff to get picked up on the 11th to be shipped to RI (actually Massachusets), I was wondering if I could pick it up when it gets there or leave it in storage until I PCS to my NROTC unit.

haubby

None
Contributor
For single sailors, how are you getting your house hold goods shipped? I just scheduled my stuff to get picked up on the 11th to be shipped to RI (actually Massachusets), I was wondering if I could pick it up when it gets there or leave it in storage until I PCS to my NROTC unit.

The way I set it up is that my HHG will stay in VA in non-temporary storage and once I get my follow-on orders to the NROTC unit I will call and have them ship it to Iowa. Because we are in a student status, that affords us the ability to store our HHG's longer than the alloted time.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
The way I set it up is that my HHG will stay in VA in non-temporary storage and once I get my follow-on orders to the NROTC unit I will call and have them ship it to Iowa. Because we are in a student status, that affords us the ability to store our HHG's longer than the alloted time.

Hey man, sorry I missed your call! So are you coming out tomorrow night?