• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ordering coffee online

Pags

N/A
pilot
Since my last two tours have taken me to the ends of the world (pax and Japan) and away from places where good beans can be easily had, I started ordering my coffee online. My go to source, gocoffeego.com, just added FPO/APO support to their ordering options. So, if you're deployed and in need of a good cup of joe this company has a good selection, decent prices, and has been easy to order from.

alaurin

All day, every day!
Great site, Pags! I might have to order some from there...

If you're really into coffee:
My sister and a good friend of mine order their coffee online also, but they order from Sweet Maria's http://www.sweetmarias.com/index.php (seriously delicious and fresh coffee)
Getting your coffee beans pre-roasted means fresher coffee, but you do have use some sort of roasting technique, as well as a grinder. The cheap and easy way to roast your beans is with a hot air popcorn popper outside, since there's a parchment like skin that comes off when they roast. It was a fun thing to do on a weekend, in a place where there's not really much else to do (Illinois countryside), besides watch corn and soybeans grow and visit Amish people.

PenguinGal

Can Do!
Contributor
There is a huge difference between coffee and good coffee. I'm a New England Coffee fan personally. The blueberry cobbler is heaven in a cup and available online. :)

Pags

N/A
pilot
They don't sell Folger's where you live?
I'm not a coffee snob, but I prefer something a little better. Kind of like how I'll drink colors light, but I'd prefer to drink a better beer. Plus, I have to do what I can to make the boat as civilized as possible.

KBayDog

I'm not a coffee snob, but I prefer something a little better. Kind of like how I'll drink colors light, but I'd prefer to drink a better beer. Plus, I have to do what I can to make the boat as civilized as possible.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot

(edit: No coffee thread would be complete without this.)

Renegade One

None
There is a huge difference between coffee and good coffee. I'm a New England Coffee fan personally. The blueberry cobbler is heaven in a cup and available online. :)
PenguinGal: Sounds great. A question:

Um…for a slight additional charge, can it be re-packaged in bags that say:
"No-Shit Balzac He-Man Gladiator XTreme Dark Roast"? Maybe with the following...
[Surgeon General's Warning: Consult your Flight Surgeon before using this product. Side effects include: seemingly brilliant ideas, delusions of importance, inflated sense of self-esteem, challenges to authority, enhanced feelings of affection for certain T/M/S aircraft and those why fly them, oily discharge, painful urination and loss of social skills. In extreme cases, ideations of "Time to crank up the ENOLA GAY" have been reported in a very few cases. Do not ingest in conjunction with donuts, Pop-Tarts, or frozen Snickers bars.]?

Just wondering…although it doesn't matter to me any longer...:)

Seriously, the availability of "damned good stuff" that you can get shipped to you while on deployment pretty much rocks. Nice. I expect you need to plan ahead to stay on top of the FPO delivery curve…but that's manageable.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's coffee. It tastes like......well......coffee.
You probably drink Natty Light as well. Or are you a Keystone Light guy?

Just like a fine wine or a good micro-brew, there is a difference between crap coffee (or chicory) and good coffee.

I'm a coffee snob. I had my own french press during my deployments...

-ea6bflyr ;)