• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Online Master's Degree Recommendations

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HP - which version ?

I did the ACSC Distance Learning course for JPME 1 credit. To clarify, ERAU gave me 9 credits for JPME, but only 6 of the credits counted towards my degree program. Still, that was 2 classes I did not have to take.

robav8r

None
Contributor
I did the ACSC Distance Learning course for JPME 1 credit. To clarify, ERAU gave me 9 credits for JPME, but only 6 of the credits counted towards my degree program. Still, that was 2 classes I did not have to take.

Yep, got all that. Version 4.0/5.0 ???

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
What is the easiest/fastest way to convert my JPME 1 to a Master’s degree? Don’t really care about quality, just need to check a block for ROTC instructor…

#terminalO5problems

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
What is the easiest/fastest way to convert my JPME 1 to a Master’s degree? Don’t really care about quality, just need to check a block for ROTC instructor…

#terminalO5problems
Most programs will limit you to a transfer of 15 credit hours with the average MA/MS requiring 32 to 35. Also I imagine you intend to use online learning. Assuming you want to go with “National Security Studies” or something similar to JPME you fastest option is American Military University (I used to teach there and 95% of my students were military officers (one is now an AF two-star!). It is expensive but with 8 week courses it is quick. University of Maryland University College is also a great option. It is cheaper. UW has a solid Public Policy M.A. but the program is a bit “lefty” and might frown on your thesis - “Crushing them with Kindness: Anti-Submarine Operations, Drowning Commies, and the Path to Global Peace.” All kidding aside, you can expect to get about 15 hours out of your JPME (assuming you did it online).

Pags

N/A
pilot
Most programs will limit you to a transfer of 15 credit hours with the average MA/MS requiring 32 to 35. Also I imagine you intend to use online learning. Assuming you want to go with “National Security Studies” or something similar to JPME you fastest option is American Military University (I used to teach there and 95% of my students were military officers (one is now an AF two-star!). It is expensive but with 8 week courses it is quick. University of Maryland University College is also a great option. It is cheaper. UW has a solid Public Policy M.A. but the program is a bit “lefty” and might frown on your thesis - “Crushing them with Kindness: Anti-Submarine Operations, Drowning Commies, and the Path to Global Peace.” All kidding aside, you can expect to get about 15 hours out of your JPME (assuming you did it online).
Didn't NPS or NWC have something that "for just a few more credits you can upgrade to this masters?"

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Didn't NPS or NWC have something that "for just a few more credits you can upgrade to this masters?"
Maybe, it I thought that was for the in-person program, not online. Of course, I could be wrong.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
... might frown on your thesis - “Crushing them with Kindness: Anti-Submarine Operations, Drowning Commies, and the Path to Global Peace.”
I guess "Warheads on Foreheads: Why All You Crybabies Need to Learn to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb" is probably right out.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Maybe, it I thought that was for the in-person program, not online. Of course, I could be wrong.
My info is almost 10yrs old but I remember thinking about doing a few more credits when I was doing JPME to get another masters. I really enjoyed the course material and it helped live out my "what if I had been a history major?" fantasy (the one where I write best selling history books).

Last edited:

Hair Warrior

Contributor
My info is almost 10yrs old but I remember thinking about doing a few more credits when I was doing JPME to get another masters. I really enjoyed the course material and it helped live out my "what if I had been a history major?" fantasy (the one where I write best selling history books).
I thought they burned books in Pagistan. Ya know, at the end of mulch season before the street meat festival.