• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Old S-2 & S-3 drivers still around??

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
So, for you helo guys, does the movie surpass a 4 rating or even get that high?? (1-5)
Not quite that high, but better then Fire Birds. But really, aren't we all waiting for a really good S-3 movie? Kind of a Flight of the Intruder meets Das Boot and Hunt for the Red October.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
The plot would revolve around the top secret S-3D prototype that had unknown capabilities and only a few people who even knew of the program's existence... and a Firefox storyline in reverse, where the Russians try to steal it.

(Remember, you must thinkski in English.)

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Tits are in the second reel!

(I'm guessing you don't hear that in ready rooms these days.)
Holey crap!! The Postman Always Rings Twice. The 1981 remake with Jessica Lange. If you kept that film past the one night check out the next Ready Room on the list would raid yours and carry it out. The day you picked it up you had to get on the list for another showing.

You kids don't know what you missed. You can have all the video you want. Delayed...ah...er...gratification (cough), made you appreciate the finer cinema all that more.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
So, for you helo guys, does the movie surpass a 4 rating or even get that high?? (1-5)
I had a hard time with the fake intakes (or whatever they were supposed to be) and the red 3M tape on the canopy regarding the helo...but I thought Warren Oates played an excellent LAPD Captain...I’d give it a 3.

LATE ENTRY: Regarding the helo again...“whisper mode”...really? I don’t think so. :D

Last edited:

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The plot would revolve around the top secret S-3D prototype that had unknown capabilities and only a few people who even knew of the program's existence... and a Firefox storyline in reverse, where the Russians try to steal it.

(Remember, you must thinkski in English.)
Nah. Viking Final Countdown, but the Battle of Midway. Regular 'ol S-3Bs before they ripped their balls off. Hoover VS squadron doing what VS squadrons did in the Battle Of Midway.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Nah. Viking Final Countdown, but the Battle of Midway. Regular 'ol S-3Bs before they ripped their balls off. Hoover VS squadron doing what VS squadrons did in the Battle Of Midway.
In this scenario would a squadron of War Hoovers take out the Japanese fleet by dropping buddy stores on all the flat tops?

(And of course a trans-generational time travel love story.)

Last edited:

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
In this scenario would a squadron of War Hoovers take out the Japanese fleet by dropping buddy stores on all the flat tops?

(And of course a trans-generational time travel love story.)
You are not old enough to remember the boot shaking fear inspired by the awesome power of the Bravo? Buddy store my ass. The mighty War Hoover could locate the enemy fleet with an array of sensors and bring to bear on the sinister Japs Harpoon, Maverick (IR and laser), Nukes, 5 inch Rockets, bombs, Rockeye, mines, torpedo and could control the SLAM/ER (I think launch was a future option).

If that doesn't make your nipples hard you ain't alive. Or maybe you just fly Hornets, I dunno :rolleyes: .