• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Officer Recruiter Problems and the Pilot Board

Pags

N/A
pilot
Yea... I get it. And look where it has got us?

Mid Career officers getting out in droves complaining about the promotion system and quality of life even though theyre making a lot of money.
I'm not sure the "hiring practices" of the USN have anything to do with retention. Or if they do it's a small factor in a bigger picture of Otempo, burnout, needs of the navy, etc.

nodropinufaka

I'm not sure the "hiring practices" of the USN have anything to do with retention. Or if they do it's a small factor in a bigger picture of Otempo, burnout, needs of the navy, etc.

I was more referring to the sole use of the papertrail as the sole indicator of performance.

exNavyOffRec

I was more referring to the sole use of the papertrail as the sole indicator of performance.

Even larger companies will do similar things, an example is when looking to fill HR spots only considering those with a HR certification, so they end up only interviewing those who are younger and have less HR experience than those who maybe have been in HR 30 years but don't have that certification.

Pags

N/A
pilot
The Army has an idea...
Interesting stuff, thanks for sharing. From my quick scan that seems like a step in the right direction at the right level. I know the USN added some extra steps to the command eligibility process such as a command board/evaluation. Anyone have insights as to how analogous the two changes are?